The impact of water and sanitation access on housing values: The case of Dapaong, Togo
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Johanna Choumert & Eric Nazindigouba Kere & Amandine Loyal Laré-Dondarini, 2015. "The impact of water and sanitation access on housing values: The case of Dapaong, Togo," Working Papers halshs-00939267, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Isaac F. Megbolugbe, 1989. "A Hedonic Index Model: The Housing Market of Jos, Nigeria," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 26(5), pages 486-494, October.
- Johanna CHOUMERT & Jesper STAGE & Claudine UWERA, 2014.
"Access to water as a determinant of rental values: A hedonic analysis in Rwanda,"
- Johanna Choumert & Jesper Stage & Claudine Uwera, 2015. "Access to water as a determinant of rental values: A hedonic analysis in Rwanda," Working Papers halshs-00939271, HAL.
- MacKinnon, James G. & White, Halbert & Davidson, Russell, 1983.
"Tests for model specification in the presence of alternative hypotheses : Some further results,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 53-70, January.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1981. "Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses: Some Further Results," Working Paper 430, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Whittington, Dale & Jeuland, Marc & Barker, Kate & Yuen, Yvonne, 2012. "Setting Priorities, Targeting Subsidies among Water, Sanitation, and Preventive Health Interventions in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1546-1568.
- Onjala, Joseph & Ndiritu, Simon Wagura & Stage, Jesper, 2013. "Risk Perception, Choice of Drinking Water, and Water Treatment: Evidence from Kenyan Towns," Discussion Papers dp-13-10-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Ben C. Arimah, 1992. "Hedonic Prices and the Demand for Housing Attributes in a Third World City: The Case of Ibadan, Nigeria," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 29(5), pages 639-651, June.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Gulyani, Sumila & Talukdar, Debabrata, 2008. "Slum Real Estate: The Low-Quality High-Price Puzzle in Nairobi's Slum Rental Market and its Implications for Theory and Practice," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1916-1937, October.
- Nauges, Celine & Strand, Jon, 2007.
"Estimation of non-tap water demand in Central American cities,"
Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 165-182, September.
- Celine Nauges & Jon Strand, 2007. "Estimation of non-tap water demand in Central American cities," Post-Print hal-02660496, HAL.
- Anselin, Luc & Lozano-Gracia, Nancy & Deichmann, Uwe & Lall, Somik, 2008. "Valuing access to water - a spatial hedonic approach applied to Indian cities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4533, The World Bank.
- Arief Anshory Yusuf & Phoebe Koundouri, "undated". "HouseholdÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s Valuation of Domestic Water in Indonesia: Revisiting the Supply Driven Approach," DEOS Working Papers 0404, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Paul Kwadwo Asabere, 1981. "# The Determinants of Land Values in an African City: The Case of Accra, Ghana," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(3), pages 385-397.
- Archambault, Caroline S. & de Laat, Joost & Zulu, Eliya Msiyaphazi, 2012. "Urban Services and Child Migration to the Slums of Nairobi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1854-1869.
- Jenkins, Marion W. & Curtis, Val, 2005. "Achieving the 'good life': Why some people want latrines in rural Benin," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(11), pages 2446-2459, December.
- Scott Orford, 2000. "Modelling Spatial Structures in Local Housing Market Dynamics: A Multilevel Perspective," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 37(9), pages 1643-1671, August.
- Paul K. Asabere, 2004. "The Pricing of the Emergent Leasehold (Possessory) Estates of Ghana," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 673-694, December.
- Yusuf, Arief Anshory & Koundouri, Phoebe, 2004. "Household’s Valuation of Domestic Water in Indonesia: Revisiting the Supply Driven Approach," MPRA Paper 41911, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Els & Dieter Von Fintel, 2010. "Residential Property Prices In A Submarket Of South Africa: Separating Real Returns From Attribute Growth," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 78(4), pages 418-436, December.
- Rakodi, Carole, 1992. "Housing markets in third world cities: Research and policy into the 1990s," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 39-55, January.
- Nauges, Céline & Van Den Berg, Caroline, 2009. "Perception of Health Risk and Averting Behavior: An Analysis of Household Water Consumption in Southwest Sri Lanka," TSE Working Papers 09-139, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Caroline Berg & Céline Nauges, 2012. "The willingness to pay for access to piped water: a hedonic analysis of house prices in Southwest Sri Lanka," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 151-166, October.
- Anne Briand & Amandine Loyal, 2013. "La demande de raccordement des ménages auprès des petits opérateurs privés d'eau potable. Le cas des quartiers périphériques de Maputo," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 64(4), pages 685-719.
- Kayaga, Sam & Calvert, John & Sansom, Kevin, 2003. "Paying for water services: effects of household characteristics," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 123-132, September.
- Whittington, Dale & Lauria, Donald T. & Choe, Kyeongae & Hughes, Jeffrey A. & Swarna, Venkateswarlu & Wright, Albert M., 1993. "Household sanitation in Kumasi, Ghana: A description of current practices, attitudes, and perceptions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 733-748, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Choumert, Johanna & Stage, Jesper & Uwera, Claudine, 2014.
"Access to water as determinant of rental values: A housing hedonic analysis in Rwanda,"
Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 48-54.
- Johanna Choumert & Jesper Stage & Claudine Uwera, 2014. "Access to water as determinant of rental values: A housing hedonic analysis in Rwanda," Post-Print halshs-01064969, HAL.
- Anthony Amoah & Peter G. Moffatt, 2017. "Estimating demand for reliable piped-water services in urban Ghana: An application of competing valuation approaches," University of East Anglia School of Economics Working Paper Series 2017-01, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Tidwell, James B. & Terris-Prestholt, Fern & Quaife, Matthew & Aunger, Robert, 2019. "Understanding demand for higher quality sanitation in peri-urban Lusaka, Zambia through stated and revealed preference analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 232(C), pages 139-147.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; Latrines; Millennium Development Goals; Hedonic price; Multi-level model; Variance components model;
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- O2 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- N57 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Africa; Oceania
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdi:wpaper:1528. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Mazenod). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceauvfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.