The impact of water and sanitation access on housing values: The case of Dapaong, Togo
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Johanna Choumert & Eric Nazindigouba Kere & Amandine Loyale Laré, 2015. "The impact of water and sanitation access on housing values: The case of Dapaong, Togo," Working Papers halshs-00939267, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anselin, Luc & Lozano-Gracia, Nancy & Deichmann, Uwe & Lall, Somik, 2008. "Valuing access to water - a spatial hedonic approach applied to Indian cities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4533, The World Bank.
- Arief Anshory Yusuf & Phoebe Koundouri, "undated". "HouseholdÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s Valuation of Domestic Water in Indonesia: Revisiting the Supply Driven Approach," DEOS Working Papers 0404, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Isaac F. Megbolugbe, 1989. "A Hedonic Index Model: The Housing Market of Jos, Nigeria," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 26(5), pages 486-494, October.
- Johanna CHOUMERT & Jesper STAGE & Claudine UWERA, 2014.
"Access to water as a determinant of rental values: A hedonic analysis in Rwanda,"
- Johanna Choumert & Jesper Stage & Claudine Uwera, 2015. "Access to water as a determinant of rental values: A hedonic analysis in Rwanda," Working Papers halshs-00939271, HAL.
- MacKinnon, James G. & White, Halbert & Davidson, Russell, 1983.
"Tests for model specification in the presence of alternative hypotheses : Some further results,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 53-70, January.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1981. "Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses: Some Further Results," Working Papers 430, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Whittington, Dale & Jeuland, Marc & Barker, Kate & Yuen, Yvonne, 2012. "Setting Priorities, Targeting Subsidies among Water, Sanitation, and Preventive Health Interventions in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1546-1568.
- Paul Kwadwo Asabere, 1981. "# The Determinants of Land Values in an African City: The Case of Accra, Ghana," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(3), pages 385-397.
- Archambault, Caroline S. & de Laat, Joost & Zulu, Eliya Msiyaphazi, 2012. "Urban Services and Child Migration to the Slums of Nairobi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1854-1869.
- Jenkins, Marion W. & Curtis, Val, 2005. "Achieving the 'good life': Why some people want latrines in rural Benin," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(11), pages 2446-2459, December.
- Onjala, Joseph & Ndiritu, Simon Wagura & Stage, Jesper, 2013. "Risk Perception, Choice of Drinking Water, and Water Treatment: Evidence from Kenyan Towns," Discussion Papers dp-13-10-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Scott Orford, 2000. "Modelling Spatial Structures in Local Housing Market Dynamics: A Multilevel Perspective," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 37(9), pages 1643-1671, August.
- Paul K. Asabere, 2004. "The Pricing of the Emergent Leasehold (Possessory) Estates of Ghana," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 673-694, December.
- Yusuf, Arief Anshory & Koundouri, Phoebe, 2004. "Household’s Valuation of Domestic Water in Indonesia: Revisiting the Supply Driven Approach," MPRA Paper 41911, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ben C. Arimah, 1992. "Hedonic Prices and the Demand for Housing Attributes in a Third World City: The Case of Ibadan, Nigeria," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 29(5), pages 639-651, June.
- Michael Els & Dieter Von Fintel, 2010. "Residential Property Prices In A Submarket Of South Africa: Separating Real Returns From Attribute Growth," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 78(4), pages 418-436, December.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Rakodi, Carole, 1992. "Housing markets in third world cities: Research and policy into the 1990s," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 39-55, January.
- Nauges, Céline & Van Den Berg, Caroline, 2009. "Perception of Health Risk and Averting Behavior: An Analysis of Household Water Consumption in Southwest Sri Lanka," TSE Working Papers 09-139, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Caroline Berg & Céline Nauges, 2012. "The willingness to pay for access to piped water: a hedonic analysis of house prices in Southwest Sri Lanka," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 151-166, October.
- Anne Briand & Amandine Loyal, 2013. "La demande de raccordement des ménages auprès des petits opérateurs privés d'eau potable. Le cas des quartiers périphériques de Maputo," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 64(4), pages 685-719.
- Gulyani, Sumila & Talukdar, Debabrata, 2008. "Slum Real Estate: The Low-Quality High-Price Puzzle in Nairobi's Slum Rental Market and its Implications for Theory and Practice," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1916-1937, October.
- Nauges, Celine & Strand, Jon, 2007. "Estimation of non-tap water demand in Central American cities," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 165-182, September.
- Kayaga, Sam & Calvert, John & Sansom, Kevin, 2003. "Paying for water services: effects of household characteristics," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 123-132, September.
- Whittington, Dale & Lauria, Donald T. & Choe, Kyeongae & Hughes, Jeffrey A. & Swarna, Venkateswarlu & Wright, Albert M., 1993. "Household sanitation in Kumasi, Ghana: A description of current practices, attitudes, and perceptions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 733-748, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Choumert, Johanna & Stage, Jesper & Uwera, Claudine, 2014.
"Access to water as determinant of rental values: A housing hedonic analysis in Rwanda,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 48-54.
- Johanna Choumert & Jesper Stage & Claudine Uwera, 2014. "Access to water as determinant of rental values: A housing hedonic analysis in Rwanda," Post-Print halshs-01064969, HAL.
- Anthony Amoah & Peter G. Moffatt, 2017. "Estimating demand for reliable piped-water services in urban Ghana: An application of competing valuation approaches," University of East Anglia School of Economics Working Paper Series 2017-01, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; Latrines; Millennium Development Goals; Hedonic price; Multi-level model; Variance components model;
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- O2 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- N57 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Africa; Oceania
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdi:wpaper:1528. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Mazenod). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceauvfr.html .