Interpreting employment policy change in Italy since the 1990s: nature and dynamics
This paper analyzes the evolution of employment policy in Italy, focusing on the period from the mid-1990s to the economic crisis started in 2008. Two aspects of the policy change process are taken into consideration: its nature and its dynamics. As regards the former, three dimensions - strategic, distributive and organizational - are singled out in order to analyze the specific employment policy reforms occurred in the period taken into account. A framework is then developed for the interpretation and explanation of the dynamics of change, based on causal sequences identified by the combination of politico-institutional factors, and a preliminary appraisal of the impact of reforms on the pre-existing institutional configuration is provided. The paper concludes focusing on the shortcomings of the reform process, and highlighting foreseeable directions of future change.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Real Collegio, 30, 10024 Moncalieri (To)|
Web page: http://www.carloalberto.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruno Anastasia & Massimo Mancini & Ugo Trivellato, 2009. "(Il sostegno al reddito dei disoccupati: note sullo stato dell'arte, inerzie dell'impianto categoriale e incerti orizzonti di flexicurity (A note on italian Unemployment Compensation schemes)," ISAE Working Papers 112, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Fabio Berton & Francesco Devicienti & Lia Pacelli, 2011. "Are temporary jobs a port of entry into permanent employment?: Evidence from matched employer-employee," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(8), pages 879-899, November.
- Clasen, Jochen & Clegg, Daniel (ed.), 2011. "Regulating the Risk of Unemployment: National Adaptations to Post-Industrial Labour Markets in Europe," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199592296, December.
- repec:tur:wpaper:6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Bassanini & Alison Booth & Giorgio Brunello & Maria De Paola & Edwin Leuven, 2006.
"Workplace training in Europe,"
- Fabio Berton & Francesco Devicienti & Lia Pacelli, 2009. "Are Temporary Jobs a Port of Entry into Permanent Employment? Evidence from Matched Employer-Employee Data," Working papers 06, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cca:wpaper:228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giovanni Bert)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.