A true cost of living index for Spain using a microeconomic approach and censored data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jose Alberto Molina, 1998. "Analysing the effects of price changes on the cost of living of consumers using true indices," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(10), pages 639-644.
- Koo, Jahyeong & Phillips, Keith R & Sigalla, Fiona D, 2000. "Measuring Regional Cost of Living," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(1), pages 127-136, January.
- J. Scott Shonkwiler & Steven T. Yen, 1999. "Two-Step Estimation of a Censored System of Equations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 972-982.
- Heien, Dale & Wessells, Cathy Roheim, 1990. "Demand Systems Estimation with Microdata: A Censored Regression Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(3), pages 365-371, July.
- Laura Atuesta & Dusan Paredes, 2011. "A Spatial cost of living index for Colombia using a microeconomic approach and censored data," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 14, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised May 2011.
- Michael J. Boskin, 1998. "Consumer Prices, the Consumer Price Index, and the Cost of Living," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 3-26, Winter.
- Dusan Paredes & Víctor Iturra, 2011. "Substitution Bias and the Construction of a Spatial Cost of Living Index," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 13, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised May 2011.
- Jens Suedekum, 2006. "Agglomeration And Regional Costs Of Living," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 529-543.
- Alexandru Voicu & Michael L. Lahr, 2004. "Expenditure-based Interarea Cost of Living Index," Urban/Regional 0403006, EconWPA.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Vera Lucia Fava, 2010. "Price dispersion and price indexes," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 23-36.
- Dean Jolliffe, 2006. "Poverty, Prices, and Place: How Sensitive is the Spatial Distribution of Poverty to Cost of Living Adjustments?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(2), pages 296-310, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pablo Gálvez & Petr Mariel & David Hoyos, 2016. "Análisis de la demanda residencial de los servicios básicos en España usando un modelo QUAIDS censurado," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 43(1 Year 20), pages 5-28, June.
More about this item
KeywordsSpatial cost of living index; AIDS; two-stepestimation for censored data; Spain;
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- C36 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Instrumental Variables (IV) Estimation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cat:dtecon:dt201212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benjamin Jara). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ieucncl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.