Expenditure Elasticities of the Demand for Leisure Services
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Tim Pawlowski & Christoph Breuer, 2012. "Expenditure elasticities of the demand for leisure services," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(26), pages 3461-3477, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Blundell & Martin Browning & Costas Meghir, 1994.
"Consumer Demand and the Life-Cycle Allocation of Household Expenditures,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 61(1), pages 57-80.
- Richard Blundell & Martin Browning & Costas Meghir, 1993. "Consumer demand and the life-cycle allocation of household expenditures," IFS Working Papers W93/11, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- J. Scott Shonkwiler & Steven T. Yen, 1999. "Two-Step Estimation of a Censored System of Equations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 972-982.
- Henningsen, Arne, 2006. "Modellierung von Angebots- und Nachfrageverhalten zur Analyse von Agrarpolitiken: Theorie, Methoden und empirische Anwendungen," MPRA Paper 1374, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Toshinobu Matsuda, 2006. "Linear approximations to the quadratic almost ideal demand system," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 663-675, September.
- McDonald, John F & Moffitt, Robert A, 1980. "The Uses of Tobit Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(2), pages 318-321, May.
- Steven T. Yen & Biing-Hwan Lin, 2006.
"A Sample Selection Approach to Censored Demand Systems,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(3), pages 742-749.
- Yen, Steven T. & Lin, Biing-Hwan, 2004. "A Sample Selection Approach To Censored Demand Systems," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20082, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. D'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- L. R. Klein & H. Rubin, 1947. "A Constant-Utility Index of the Cost of Living," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 84-87.
- Heien, Dale & Wessells, Cathy Roheim, 1990. "Demand Systems Estimation with Microdata: A Censored Regression Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(3), pages 365-371, July.
- John Eakins & Liam Gallagher, 2003. "Dynamic almost ideal demand systems: an empirical analysis of alcohol expenditure in Ireland," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(9), pages 1025-1036.
- Mikkel Barslund, 2007. "Estimation of Tobit Type Censored Demand Systems: A Comparison of Estimators," Discussion Papers 07-16, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Heckman, James J, 1974. "Shadow Prices, Market Wages, and Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(4), pages 679-694, July.
- Georg Stadtmann & Dirk Czarnitzki, 2002.
"Uncertainty of outcome versus reputation: Empirical evidence for the First German Football Division,"
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 101-112.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Stadtmann, Georg, 1999. "Uncertainty of outcome versus reputation: empirical evidence for the First German Football Division," ZEW Discussion Papers 99-46, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Brosig, Stephan, 2000. "A model of household type specific food demand behaviour in Hungary," IAMO Discussion Papers 30, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Gundlach, Erich, 1993. "Die Dienstleistungsnachfrage als Determinante des wirtschaftlichen Strukturwandels," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 763, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Rodolfo Hoffmann & Ana Lucia Kassouf, 2005. "Deriving conditional and unconditional marginal effects in log earnings equations estimated by Heckman's procedure," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(11), pages 1303-1311.
- Harald Tauchmann, 2005. "Efficiency of two-step estimators for censored systems of equations: Shonkwiler and Yen reconsidered," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 367-374.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Jon P. Nelson, 2001. "Hard at Play! The Growth of Recreation in Consumer Budgets, 1959-1998," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 27(1), pages 35-53, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muñiz, Cristina & Rodríguez, Plácido & Suárez, María J., 2014. "Sports and cultural habits by gender: An application using count data models," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 288-297.
- Jorge González, 2015. "Estimating income elasticities of leisure activities using cross-sectional categorized data," Documentos de Trabajo dt2015-02, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
- repec:eee:spomar:v:20:y:2017:i:5:p:455-467 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lera-López, Fernando & Suárez, María José, 2012. "Deporte activo y pasivo: ¿Una relación de conveniencia?/Active and Passive Sport: Is it a Marriage of Convenience?," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 30, pages 489-512, Agosto.
More about this item
KeywordsExpenditure elasticity; demand; services; Tobit; Almost Ideal Demand System;
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spe:wpaper:1004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaseeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.