Pay package reshuffling and managerial incentives: A principal-agent analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anthony M. Marino & Ján Zábojník, 2008.
"Work-related perks, agency problems, and optimal incentive contracts,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 39(2), pages 565-585.
- Anthony Marino & Jan Zabojnik, 2006. "Work-Related Perks, Agency Problems, and Optimal Incentive Contracts," Working Papers 1107, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Arnott, Richard & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1986.
"Moral hazard and optimal commodity taxation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Richard Arnott & Joseph Stiglitz, 1982. "Moral Hazard and Optimal Commodity Taxation," Working Papers 500, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Richard J. Arnott & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1983. "Moral Hazard and Optimal Commodity Taxation," NBER Working Papers 1154, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Narayana R. Kocherlakota, 2005.
"Zero Expected Wealth Taxes: A Mirrlees Approach to Dynamic Optimal Taxation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 73(5), pages 1587-1621, September.
- Narayana R. Kocherlakota, 2003. "Zero Expected Wealth Taxes: A Mirrlees Approach to Dynamic Optimal Taxation," Levine's Bibliography 666156000000000426, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Narayana Kocherlakota, 2004. "Zero Expected Wealth Taxes: A Mirrlees Approach to Dynamic Optimal Taxation," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000729, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Luca Panaccione & Francesco Ruscitti, 2010. "A note on optimal commodity taxation with moral hazard and separable preferences," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(3), pages 2380-2387.
- Mikhail Golosov & Aleh Tsyvinski, 2006.
"Designing Optimal Disability Insurance: A Case for Asset Testing,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(2), pages 257-279, April.
- Mikhail Golosov & Aleh Tsyvinski, 2004. "Designing Optimal Disability Insurance: A Case for Asset Testing," NBER Working Papers 10792, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mikhail Golosov & Aleh Tsyvinski, 2005. "Designing Optimal Disability Insurance: A Case for Asset Testing," Levine's Bibliography 784828000000000450, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Kenneth R. French & Martin N. Baily & John Y. Campbell & John H. Cochrane & Douglas W. Diamond & Darrell Duffie & Anil K Kashyap & Frederic S. Mishkin & Raghuram G. Rajan & David S. Scharfstein & Robe, 2010.
"The Squam Lake Report: Fixing the Financial System,"
Princeton University Press,
edition 1, number 9261.
- Kenneth French & Martin Baily & John Campbell & John Cochrane & Douglas Diamond & Darrell Duffie & Anil Kashyap & Frederic Mishkin & Raghuram Rajan & David Scharfstein & Robert Shiller & Hyun Song Shi, 2010. "The Squam Lake Report: Fixing the Financial System," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 22(3), pages 8-21.
- Alberto Bennardo & Pierre-André Chiappori & Joon Song, 2010. "Perks as Second Best Optimal Compensations," CSEF Working Papers 244, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1986. "Externalities in Economies with Imperfect Information and Incomplete Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(2), pages 229-264.
- Citanna, Alessandro & Villanacci, Antonio, 2002.
"Competitive equilibrium with moral hazard in economies with multiple commodities,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 117-147, September.
- Alessandro Citanna & Antonio Villanacci, 1997. "Competitive equilibrium with moral hazard in economies with multiple commodities," GSIA Working Papers 136, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Marcos B. Lisboa, 2001. "Moral hazard and general equilibrium in large economies," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 18(3), pages 555-575.
- Panaccione Luca, 2007. "Pareto Optima and Competitive Equilibria with Moral Hazard and Financial Markets," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-21, October.
- Kilenthong, Weerachart T. & Townsend, Robert M., 2011.
"Information-constrained optima with retrading: An externality and its market-based solution,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 146(3), pages 1042-1077, May.
- Kilenthong, Weerachart & Townsend, Robert, 2010. "Information-Constrained Optima with Retrading: An Externality and Its Market-Based Solution," MPRA Paper 20725, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPay package reshuffling; Principal-agent model; Independent preferences;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D86 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Economics of Contract Law
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-06-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2015-06-20 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-HRM-2015-06-20 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-MIC-2015-06-20 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bzn:wpaper:bemps28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (F. Marta L. Di Lascio) or (Alessandro Fedele). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feubzit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.