Competitive equilibrium with moral hazard in economies with multiple commodities
We study an economy with competitive commodity markets and exclusive pairwise contractual relations with moral hazard, where both the principal and the agent can be risk averse. We show existence of equilibria and their generic constrained suboptimality,
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||Dec 1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890|
Web page: http://www.tepper.cmu.edu/
|Order Information:||Web: http://student-3k.tepper.cmu.edu/gsiadoc/GSIA_WP.asp|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Malinvaud, E, 1973. "Markets for an Exchange Economy with Individual Risks," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(3), pages 383-410, May.
- Prescott, Edward C & Townsend, Robert M, 1984.
"Pareto Optima and Competitive Equilibria with Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(1), pages 21-45, January.
- Edward C Prescott & Robert M Townsend, 2010. "Pareto Optima and Competitive Equilibria With Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2069, David K. Levine.
- Atsushi Kajii & Antonio Villanacci & Alessandro Citanna, 1998.
"Constrained suboptimality in incomplete markets: a general approach and two applications,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 11(3), pages 495-521.
- Alessandro Citanna & Atsushi Kajii & Antonio Villanacci, 1998. "Constrained suboptimality in incomplete markets: a general approach and two applications," Post-Print hal-00479390, HAL.
- Smale, S., 1974. "Global analysis and economics IIA : Extension of a theorem of Debreu," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Bisin, Alberto & Gottardi, Piero, 1997.
"General Competitive Analysis with Asymmetric Information,"
97-38, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Bisin, A. & Gottardi, P., 1997. "General Competitive Analysis with Asymmetric Information," DELTA Working Papers 97-26, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Harald Uhlig, 1996.
"A law of large numbers for large economies (*),"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 8(1), pages 41-50.
- Helpman, Elhanan & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1975. "On moral hazard in general equilibrium theory," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 8-23, February.
- Allen, Beth, 1981. "Utility perturbations and the equilibrium price set," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 277-307, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cmu:gsiawp:136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Steve Spear)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.