A more level playing field? Explaining the decline in earnings inequality in Brazil, 1995-2012
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fortin, Nicole & Lemieux, Thomas & Firpo, Sergio, 2011. "Decomposition Methods in Economics," Handbook of Labor Economics, Elsevier.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Leite, Phillippe G. & Litchfield, Julie A., 2008.
"The Rise And Fall Of Brazilian Inequality: 1981–2004,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(S2), pages 199-230, September.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Leite, Phillippe G. & Litchfield, Julie A., 2006. "The rise and fall of Brazilian inequality, 1981-2004," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3867, The World Bank.
- Carlos Henrique L. Corseuil & Rita Almeida & Pedro Carneiro, 2012. "Inspeção do Trabalho e Evolução do Emprego Formal no Brasil," Discussion Papers 1688, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Ronald L. Oaxaca & Michael R. Ransom, 1999. "Identification in Detailed Wage Decompositions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(1), pages 154-157, February.
- Diego Battistón & Carolina García-Domench & Leonardo Gasparini, 2014. "Could an Increase in Education Raise Income Inequality? Evidence for Latin America," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 51(1), pages 1-39, May.
- Francois Bourguignon & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Nora Lustig, 2005. "The Microeconomics of Income Distribution Dynamics in East Asia and Latin America," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14844.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Armando Barrientos & Ed Amann, 2014. "Is there a new Brazilian model of development? Main findings from the IRIBA research programme," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series iriba_wp13, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Calvo,Paula Andrea & Lopez-Calva,Luis-Felipe & Posadas,Josefina, 2015. "A decade of declining earnings inequality in the Russian Federation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7392, The World Bank.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Guillermo Cruces & Leopoldo Tornarolli, 2016. "Chronicle of a Deceleration Foretold: Income inequality in Latin America in the 2010s," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0198, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Yang Wang, 2015. "Education Expansion and Decline in Tertiary Premium in Brazil: 1995-2013," Working Papers 1525, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-01-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2015-01-09 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2015-01-09 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bwp:bwppap:iriba_wp12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rowena Harding). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wpmanuk.html .