Nonparametric Estimation of Semiparametric Transformation Models
In this paper we develop a nonparametric estimation technique for semiparametric transformation models of the form: H(Y)=P(Z)+X'B+U where H,P and B and are unknown and the variables (Y,Z) are endogenous. Identification of the model and asymptotic properties of the estimator are analyzed under the mean independence assumption between the error term and the instruments. We show that the estimators are consistent and root N convergence rate for the estimate of B can be attained. The simulations demonstrate that our nonparametric estimates fits the data well.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 0117 928 8415
Fax: 0117 928 8577
Web page: http://www.efm.bris.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bontemps, C. & Simioni, M. & Surry, Y., 2006.
"Semiparametric hedonic price models : assessing the effects of agricultural nonpoint source pollution,"
Economics Working Paper Archive (Toulouse)
200602, French Institute for Agronomy Research (INRA), Economics Laboratory in Toulouse (ESR Toulouse).
- Christophe Bontemps & Michel Simioni & Yves Surry, 2008. "Semiparametric hedonic price models: assessing the effects of agricultural nonpoint source pollution," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 825-842.
- Christophe Bontemps & Michel Simioni & Yves Surry, 2008. "Semiparametric hedonic price models: assessing the effects of agricultural nonpoint source pollution," Working Papers 24285, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Xiaohong Chen & Markus Reiss, 2007.
"On rate optimality for ill-posed inverse problems in econometrics,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP20/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Chen, Xiaohong & Reiss, Markus, 2011. "On Rate Optimality For Ill-Posed Inverse Problems In Econometrics," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 497-521, June.
- Xiaohong Chen & Markus Reiss, 2007. "On Rate Optimality for Ill-posed Inverse Problems in Econometrics," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1626, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Xavier d'Haultfoeuille, 2006.
"On the Completeness Condition in Nonparametric Instrumental Problems,"
2006-32, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- D’Haultfoeuille, Xavier, 2011. "On The Completeness Condition In Nonparametric Instrumental Problems," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 460-471, June.
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 215-227, January.
- Pierre-Andre Chiappori & Ivana Komunjer & Dennis Kristensen, 2011. "Nonparametric Identification and Estimation of Transformation Models," CAM Working Papers 2011-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Song, Minjae, 2009. "Do media consumers really dislike advertising? An empirical assessment of the role of advertising in print media markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 292-301, March.
- Frédérique Fève & Jean-Pierre Florens, 2010. "The practice of non-parametric estimation by solving inverse problems: the example of transformation models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 13(3), pages S1-S27, October.
- Whitney K. Newey & James L. Powell, 2003. "Instrumental Variable Estimation of Nonparametric Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1565-1578, 09.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bri:uobdis:12/625. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jonathan Temple)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.