Nonparametric Identification and Estimation of Transformation Models
This paper derives sufficient conditions for nonparametric transformation models to be identified and develops estimators of the identified components. Our nonparametric identification result is global, and is derived under conditions that are substantially weaker than full independence. In particular, we show that a completeness assumption combined with conditional independence with respect to one of the regressors suffices for the model to be identified. The identification result is also constructive in the sense that it yields explicit expressions of the functions of interest. We show how natural estimators can be developed from these expressions, and analyze their theoretical properties. Importantly, it is demonstrated that the proposed estimator of the unknown transformation function converges at the parametric rate.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (45) 35 32 30 74
Fax: +45 35 32 30 00
Web page: http://www.econ.ku.dk/CAM/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ekeland, Ivar & Heckman, James J. & Nesheim, Lars, 2003.
"Identification and Estimation of Hedonic Models,"
IZA Discussion Papers
853, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ekeland, Ivar & Heckman, James J. & Nesheim, Lars, 2004. "Identification and Estimation of Hedonic Models," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6486, Paris Dauphine University.
- Ivar Ekeland & James Heckman & Lars Nesheim, 2002. "Identification and estimation of hedonic models," CeMMAP working papers CWP07/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ivar Ekeland & James J. Heckman & Lars Nesheim, 2003. "Identification and Estimation of Hedonic Models," CESifo Working Paper Series 1031, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ivar Ekeland & James J. Heckman & Lars P. Nesheim, 2003. "Identification and Estimation of Hedonic Models," NBER Working Papers 9910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Jacho-Chávez & Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2006.
"Identification and nonparametric estimation of a transformed additively separable model,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
4416, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jacho-Chávez, David & Lewbel, Arthur & Linton, Oliver, 2010. "Identification and nonparametric estimation of a transformed additively separable model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 156(2), pages 392-407, June.
- David Jacho-Chavez & Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2006. "Identification and Nonparametric Estimation of a Transformed Additively Separable Model," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 652, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 26 Nov 2008.
- Xavier d'Haultfoeuille, 2006.
"On the Completeness Condition in Nonparametric Instrumental Problems,"
2006-32, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- D’Haultfoeuille, Xavier, 2011. "On The Completeness Condition In Nonparametric Instrumental Problems," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 460-471, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuieca:2011_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.