The Economic Theory of Urban Traffic Congestion: A Microscopic Research Agenda
For presentation at CESifo Venice Summer Institute 2001, Workshop on Environmental Economics and the Economics of Congestion: Coping with Externalities, Venice International University, San Servolo, July 18-19,2001.
|Date of creation:||16 Jul 2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill MA 02467 USA|
Web page: http://fmwww.bc.edu/EC/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Arnott, 1994. "Alleviating Traffic Congestion: Alternatives to Road Pricing," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 282., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Boyer, M. & Dionne, G., 1985.
"The Economics of Road Safety,"
Cahiers de recherche
8554, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Gillen, David W., 1977. "Estimation and specification of the effects of parking costs on urban transport mode choice," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 186-199, April.
- Edward Calthrop & Stef Proost & Kurt van Dender, 2000. "Parking Policies and Road Pricing," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 37(1), pages 63-76, January.
- Ngee-Choon Chia & Albert K C Tsui & John Whalley, 2001. "Ownership and Use Taxes as Congestion Correcting Instruments," NBER Working Papers 8278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glazer, Amihai & Niskanen, Esko, 2001.
"Parking fees and congestion,"
University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers
qt9h51t02k, University of California Transportation Center.
- Ahlstrand, Ingemar, 1998. "The rise and fall of the heroic transport plan for Stockholm," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 205-211, October.
- Calfee, John & Winston, Clifford, 1998. "The value of automobile travel time: implications for congestion policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 83-102, July.
- Richard Arnott & An Yan, 2000. "The Two-Mode Problem: Second-Best Pricing and Capacity," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 474, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Arnott, Richard & Rowse, John, 1999.
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 97-124, January.
- Arnott, Richard & de Palma, Andre & Lindsey, Robin, 1993. "A Structural Model of Peak-Period Congestion: A Traffic Bottleneck with Elastic Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 161-179, March.
- Frankena, Mark W., 1987. "Capital-biased subsidies, bureaucratic monitoring, and bus scrapping," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 180-193, March.
- Braid, Ralph M., 1996. "Peak-Load Pricing of a Transportation Route with an Unpriced Substitute," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 179-197, September.
- Bertrand, Trent J, 1977. "'Second Best' Congestion Taxes in Transportation Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(7), pages 1703-1715, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boc:bocoec:502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.