A Global View of Economic Growth
This paper integrates in a unified and tractable framework some of the key insights of the field of international trade and economic growth. It examines a sequence of theoretical models that share a common description of technology and preferences but differ on their assumptions about trade frictions. By comparing the predictions of these models against each other, it is possible to identify a variety of channels through which trade affects the evolution of world income and its geographical distribution. By comparing the predictions of these models against the data, it is also possible to construct coherent explanations of income differences and long-run trends in economic growth.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2015|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34 93 542-1222
Fax: +34 93 542-1223
Web page: http://www.barcelonagse.eu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ventura, Jaume, 2002.
"Bubbles and Capital Flows,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3657, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jaume Ventura, 2004. "Bubbles and capital flows," 2004 Meeting Papers 102, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jaume Ventura, 2002. "Bubbles and Capital Flows," NBER Working Papers 9304, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaume Ventura, 2002. "Bubbles and capital flows," Economics Working Papers 846, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Mar 2010.
- Enrico Spolaore & Alberto Alesina & Romain Wacziarg, 2000.
"Economic Integration and Political Disintegration,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1276-1296, December.
- Wacziarg, Romain & Spolaore, Enrico & Alesina, Alberto, 2000. "Economic Integration and Political Disintegration," Scholarly Articles 4553029, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Enrico Spolaore & Romain Wacziarg, 1997. "Economic Integration and Political Disintegration," NBER Working Papers 6163, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernando A. Broner & Jaume Ventura, 2015. "Managing Financial Integration," Working Papers 201, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Ono, Y. & Shibata, A., 1990.
"Spill-Over Effects Of Supply-Side Changes In A Two-Country Economy With Capital Accumulation,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0232, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Ono, Yoshiyasu & Shibata, Akihisa, 1992. "Spill-over effects of supply-side changes in a two-country economy with capital accumulation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 127-146, August.
- Devereux, Michael B & Lapham, Beverly J, 1994.
"The Stability of Economic Integration and Endogenous Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 109(1), pages 299-305, February.
- Michael B. Devereux & Beverly J. Lapham, 1993. "The Stability of Economics Integration and Endogenous Growth," Working Papers 878, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Yanagawa, Noriyuki, 1996. "Economic development in a world with many countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 271-288, May.
- Devereux, Michael B. & Saito, Makoto, 1997. "Growth and risk-sharing with incomplete international assets markets," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 453-481, May.
- Chui, Michael & Levine, Paul L & Pearlman, Joseph, 1999.
"Winners and Losers in a North-South Model of Growth, Innovation and Product Cycles,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2291, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chui, Michael & Levine, Paul & Pearlman, Joseph, 2001. "Winners and losers in a North-South model of growth, innovation and product cycles," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 333-365, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bge:wpaper:203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruno Guallar)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.