A Monopolistic Credit Rating Agency
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Millon, Marcia H & Thakor, Anjan V, 1985.
" Moral Hazard and Information Sharing: A Model of Financial Information Gathering Agencies,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 40(5), pages 1403-1422, December.
- Marcia H. Millon & Anjan V. Thakor, 2004. "Moral Hazard and Information Sharing: A Model of Financial Information Gathering Agencies," Finance 0411024, EconWPA.
- Miller, Merton H & Rock, Kevin, 1985. " Dividend Policy under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1031-1051, September.
- repec:bla:joares:v:28:y:1990:i:1:p:77-120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hellmuth Milde & John G. Riley, 1988. "Signaling in Credit Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(1), pages 101-129.
- Ram T. S. Ramakrishnan & Anjan V. Thakor, 1984. "Information Reliability and a Theory of Financial Intermediation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 415-432.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kirstein, Roland, 2002.
"The new Basle Accord, internal ratings, and the incentives of banks,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, pages 393-412.
- Kirstein, Roland, 2000. "The New Basle Accord, Internal Ratings, and the Incentives of Banks," CSLE Discussion Paper Series 2000-06, Saarland University, CSLE - Center for the Study of Law and Economics.
- Bappaditya Mukhopadhyay, 2006. "Existence of Unsolicited Ratings," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, pages 207-233.
- Forster, Josef, 2008. "The Optimal Regulation of Credit Rating Agencies," Discussion Papers in Economics 5169, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Bappaditya Mukhopadhyay, 2004. "Moral Hazard with Rating Agency: An Incentive Contracting Approach," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 5(2), pages 313-333, November.
- Gu, Yiquan, 2008. "Imperfect Certification," Ruhr Economic Papers 78, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0078 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yiquan Gu, 2008. "Imperfect Certification," Ruhr Economic Papers 0078, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
More about this item
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-01-21 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bef:lsbest:011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.