On Central Bank Interventions in the Mexican Peso/Dollar Foreign Exchange Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Santiago García-Verdú & Miguel Zerecero, 2013. "On central bank interventions in the Mexican peso/dollar foreign exchange market," BIS Working Papers 429, Bank for International Settlements.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bazdresch, Santiago & Werner, Alejandro, 2005. "Regime switching models for the Mexican peso," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 185-201, January.
- Jorge I Canales Kriljenko & Cem Karacadag & Roberto Pereira Guimarães & Shogo Ishii, 2006. "Official Foreign Exchange Intervention," IMF Occasional Papers 249, International Monetary Fund.
- Willem H. Buiter & Jonathan Eaton, 1980.
"Policy Decentralization and Exchange Rate Management in Interdependent Economies,"
NBER Working Papers
0531, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Eaton, Jonathan, 1980. "Policy Decentralization And Exchange Rate Management In Interdependent Economies," Economic Research Papers 269070, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Buiter, Willem H & Eaton, Jonathan, 1980. "Policy Decentralisation and Exchange Rate Management in Interdependent Economies," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 172, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Ramon Moreno, 2011. "Foreign exchange market intervention in EMEs: implications for central banks," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.),Capital flows, commodity price movements and foreign exchange intervention, volume 57, pages 65-86, Bank for International Settlements.
- Gabriele Galati, 2000. "Trading volumes, volatility and spreads in foreign exchange markets: evidence from emerging market countries," BIS Working Papers 93, Bank for International Settlements.
- David Archer, 2005. "Foreign exchange market intervention: methods and tactics," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.),Foreign exchange market intervention in emerging markets: motives, techniques and implications, volume 24, pages 40-55, Bank for International Settlements.
- Domac, Ilker & Mendoza, Alfonso, 2004. "Is there room for foreign exchange interventions under an inflation targeting framework ? Evidence from Mexico and Turkey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3288, The World Bank.
- José Julián Sidaoui, 2005. "Central banking intervention under a floating exchange rate regime: ten years of Mexican experience," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.),Foreign exchange market intervention in emerging markets: motives, techniques and implications, volume 24, pages 209-30, Bank for International Settlements.
- Broto, Carmen, 2013.
"The effectiveness of forex interventions in four Latin American countries,"
Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 224-240.
- Carmen Broto, 2012. "The effectiveness of forex interventions in four Latin American countries," Working Papers 1226, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Huang, Roger D & Stoll, Hans R, 1997. "The Components of the Bid-Ask Spread: A General Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(4), pages 995-1034.
- Dominguez, Kathryn M & Frankel, Jeffrey A, 1993. "Does Foreign-Exchange Intervention Matter? The Portfolio Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1356-1369, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Соломія Бричка & Денис Клиновський & Дмитро Круковець & Артем Огарков, 2019. "Мета-аналіз: ефект fx-інтервенцій на валютний курс," Suchasni ekonomichni doslidzhennja, Kyiv School of Economics, vol. 2(1), pages 24-47.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Jimena Zuniga, 2015.
"Varieties of Capital Flows: What Do We Know?,"
CID Working Papers
296, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Jimena Zúñiga, 2015. "Varieties of capital flows: What do we know," Business School Working Papers 2015-01, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Levy Yeyati, Eduardo & Zuniga, Jimena, 2015. "Varieties of Capital Flows: What Do We Know," Working Paper Series rwp15-025, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Nuttathum Chutasripanich & James Yetman, 2015. "Foreign exchange intervention: strategies and effectiveness," BIS Working Papers 499, Bank for International Settlements.
- Martín Tobal & Renato Yslas, 2018.
"Two Models of FX Market Interventions: The Cases of Brazil and Mexico,"
Investigación Conjunta-Joint Research, in: Alberto Ortiz-Bolaños (ed.),Monetary Policy and Financial Stability in Latin America and the Caribbean, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 221-257,
Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, CEMLA.
- Tobal Martín & Yslas Renato, 2016. "Two Models of FX Market Interventions: The Cases of Brazil and Mexico," Working Papers 2016-14, Banco de México.
- Solomiia Brychka & Denys Klynovskyi & Dmytro Krukovets & Artem Oharkov, 2019. "Meta-Analysis: Meta-Analysis: Effect of FX interventions on the exchange rate," Modern Economic Studies, Kyiv School of Economics, vol. 2(1), pages 24-44.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign exchange rate; central bank interventions; microstructure.;
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2014-11-01 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2014-11-01 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2014-11-01 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-MST-2014-11-01 (Market Microstructure)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdm:wpaper:2014-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dirección de Sistemas). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bangvmx.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.