Interventions and Expected Exchange Rates in Emerging Market Economies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Santiago García-Verdú & Manuel Ramos-Francia, 2014. "Interventions and Expected Exchange Rates in Emerging Market Economies," Quarterly Journal of Finance (QJF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(01), pages 1-34.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Saborowski, Christian, 2014. "Accounting for reserves," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-29.
- Rogers, J. M. & Siklos, P. L., 2003.
"Foreign exchange market intervention in two small open economies: the Canadian and Australian experience,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, pages 393-416.
- Jeff M. Rogers & Pierre Siklos, 2001. "Foreign Exchange Market Intervention in Two Small Open Economies: The Canadian and Australian Experience," Research Paper Series 57, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Gnabo, Jean-Yves & Teiletche, Jérôme, 2009. "Foreign-exchange intervention strategies and market expectations: insights from Japan," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 432-446, July.
- Gustavo Abarca & Claudia Ramírez & José Gonzalo Rangel, 2012. "Capital Controls and Exchange Rate Expectations in Emerging Markets," Working Papers 2012-08, Banco de México.
- Ken Miyajima & Carlos Montoro, 2013. "Impact of foreign exchange interventions on exchange rate expectations," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Sovereign risk: a world without risk-free assets?, volume 73, pages 39-54 Bank for International Settlements.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2001.
"The practice of central bank intervention: looking under the hood,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 1-10.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2000. "The practice of central bank intervention: looking under the hood," Working Papers 2000-028, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Mark P. Taylor & Lucio Sarno, 2001. "Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market: Is It Effective and, If So, How Does It Work?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 839-868.
- Broto, Carmen, 2013.
"The effectiveness of forex interventions in four Latin American countries,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 224-240.
- Carmen Broto, 2012. "The effectiveness of forex interventions in four Latin American countries," Working Papers 1226, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Mark P. Taylor & Lucio Sarno, 2001.
"Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market: Is It Effective and, If So, How Does It Work?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, pages 839-868.
- Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P, 2001. "Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market: Is It Effective, and, If So, How Does It Work?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2690, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dominguez, Kathryn M & Frankel, Jeffrey A, 1993. "Does Foreign-Exchange Intervention Matter? The Portfolio Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 1356-1369.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tobal Martín & Yslas Renato, 2016. "Two Models of FX Market Interventions: The Cases of Brazil and Mexico," Working Papers 2016-14, Banco de México.
More about this item
KeywordsInterventions; Exchange Rates; Risk-Neutral Distributions; Generalized Extreme; Value Distributions.;
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-06-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2014-06-28 (Central Banking)
- NEP-LAM-2014-06-28 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdm:wpaper:2014-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dirección de Sistemas). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bangvmx.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.