Trading volumes, volatility and spreads in foreign exchange markets: evidence from emerging market countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1991.
"Anticipations of foreign exchange volatility and bid-ask spreads,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
409, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1994. "Anticipations of Foreign Exchange Volatility and Bid-Ask Spreads," NBER Working Papers 4737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grammatikos, Theoharry & Saunders, Anthony, 1986. "Futures Price Variability: A Test of Maturity and Volume Effects," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(2), pages 319-330, April.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Menzie D. Chinn, 1999. "Traders, Market Microstructure and Exchange Rate Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 7416, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Scalia, Antonio, 2008.
"Is foreign exchange intervention effective? Some microanalytical evidence from the Czech Republic,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 529-546, June.
- Antonio Scalia, 2006. "Is foreign exchange intervention effective? Some micro-analytical evidence from the Czech Republic," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 579, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Alexander Mende, 2006. "09/11 on the USD/EUR foreign exchange market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 213-222.
- Zhang, Zhichao & Chau, Frankie & Zhang, Wenting, 2013. "Exchange rate determination and dynamics in China: A market microstructure analysis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 303-316.
- Chelley-Steeley, Patricia L. & Tsorakidis, Nikos, 2013. "Bid-ask spread dynamics in foreign exchange markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 119-131.
- Luc Bauwens & Dagfinn Rime & Genaro Sucarrat, 2006.
"Exchange rate volatility and the mixture of distribution hypothesis,"
Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 889-911, January.
- Luc, BAUWENS & Dagfinn, RIME & Genaro, SUCARRAT, 2005. "Exchange Rate Volatility and the Mixture of Distribution Hypothesis," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005043, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- BAUWENS, Luc & RIME, Dagfinn & SUCARRAT, Genaro, 2006. "Exchange rate volatility and the mixture of distribution hypothesis," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1788, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BAUWENS, Luc & RIME, Dagfinn & SUCARRAT, Genaro, 2005. "Exchange rate volatility and the mixture of distribution hypothesis," CORE Discussion Papers 2005058, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Khemraj, Tarron & Pasha, Sukrishnalall, 2008. "Foreign exchange market bid-ask spread and market power in an underdeveloped economy," MPRA Paper 11422, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shekhar Hari Kumar & Ila Patnaik, 2018. "Internationalisation of the Rupee," Working Papers id:12551, eSocialSciences.
- Imen Kouki & Hélène Raymond, 2006. "Analyse microstructurelle du comportement du teneur de marché des changes : étude intra-journalière de l'activité d'un teneur de marché tunisien," EconomiX Working Papers 2006-14, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Kumar, Shekhar Hari & Patnaik, Ila, 2018. "Internationalisation of the Rupee," Working Papers 18/222, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Park, Beum-Jo, 2010. "Surprising information, the MDH, and the relationship between volatility and trading volume," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 344-366, August.
- Beum-Jo Park, 2007. "Trading Volume, Volatility, And Garch Effects In The South Korean Won/Us Dollar Exchange Market: Evidence From Conditional Quantile Estimation," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 58(3), pages 382-399.
- Becker, Torbjorn & Sy, Amadou, 2006. "Were bid-ask spreads in the FX market excessive during the Asian crisis?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 434-449.
- Santiago García-Verdú & Miguel Zerecero, 2013.
"On central bank interventions in the Mexican peso/dollar foreign exchange market,"
BIS Working Papers
429, Bank for International Settlements.
- Santiago García-Verdú & Miguel Zerecero, 2014. "On Central Bank Interventions in the Mexican Peso/Dollar Foreign Exchange Market," Working Papers 2014-19, Banco de México.
- Carlo Rosa, 2016. "Fedspeak: Who Moves U.S. Asset Prices?," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 12(4), pages 223-261, December.
- Loredana Ureche-Rangau & Fabien Collado & Ulysse Galiay, 2011. "The dynamics of the volatility – trading volume relationship: New evidence from developed and emerging markets," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2569-2583.
- Olivier Damette, 2009. "Exchange rate volatility and noise traders: Currency Transaction Tax as an eviction device," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2449-2464.
- Francis Bismans & Olivier Damette, 2012. "La taxe Tobin : une synthèse des travaux basés sur la théorie des jeux et l’économétrie," Working Papers of BETA 2012-09, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Rim Khemiri, 2012. "Volume and volatility in foreign exchange market microstructure: a Markov switching approach," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(14), pages 1121-1133, July.
- Koutmos, Gregory & Martin, Anna D., 2011. "Currency bid-ask spread dynamics and the Asian crisis: Evidence across currency regimes," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 62-73, February.
- Rime, Dagfinn & Sucarrat, Genaro, 2007. "Exchange rate variability, market activity and heterogeneity," UC3M Working papers. Economics we077039, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:biswps:93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .