Did inflation really soar after the euro cash changeover? Indirect evidence from ATM withdrawals
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Angelini, Paolo & Lippi, Francesco, 2005. "Did Inflation Really Soar After the Euro Cash Changeover? Indirect Evidence from ATM Withdrawals," CEPR Discussion Papers 4950, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bart Hobijn & Federico Ravenna & Andrea Tambalotti, 2006.
"Menu Costs at Work: Restaurant Prices and the Introduction of the Euro,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 121(3), pages 1103-1131.
- Bart Hobijn & Federico Ravenna & Andrea Tambalotti, 2004. "Menu costs at work: restaurant prices and the introduction of the euro," Staff Reports 195, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bart Hobijn & Andrea Tanbalotti & Federico Ravenna, 2005. "Menu Costs at Work: Restaurant Prices and the Introduction of the Euro," 2005 Meeting Papers 659, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gaiotti, Eugenio & Lippi, Francesco, 2005.
"Pricing Behaviour and the Introduction of the Euro: Evidence from a Panel of Restaurants,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4893, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eugenio Gaiotti & Francesco Lippi, 2005. "Pricing behavior and the introduction of the euro: evidence from a panel of restaurants," Macroeconomics 0501029, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Feb 2005.
- Giovanni Mastrobuoni & Wioletta Dziuda, 2005. "The Euro Changeover and Its Effects on Price Transparency, and Inflation. Mission Euro, Mission Accomplished!," International Finance 0503003, EconWPA, revised 24 May 2005.
- Michael Ehrmann, 2011. "Inflation Developments and Perceptions after the Euro Cash Changeover," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 12(1), pages 33-58, February.
- repec:pri:cepsud:101mastrobuoni is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco Ercolani, 2010.
"Transitional price rises with the adoption of the euro: aggregate and disaggregate sector evidence,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 137-157.
- Marco Ercolani, 2010. "Transitional price rises with the adoption of the euro: aggregate and disaggregate sector evidence," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 137-157.
- Marco G Ercolani, 2009. "Transitional Price Rises with the Adoption of the Euro: Aggregate and Disaggregate Sector Evidence," Discussion Papers 09-18, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Paolo Del Giovane & Roberto Sabbatini, 2006. "Perceived and Measured Inflation after the Launch of the Euro: Explaining the Gap in Italy," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 65(2), pages 155-192, November.
- Wioletta Dziuda & Giovanni Mastrobuoni, 2009.
"The Euro Changeover and Its Effects on Price Transparency and Inflation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(1), pages 101-129, February.
- Giovanni Mastrobuoni & Wioletta Dziuda, 2005. "The Euro Changeover and its Effects on Price Transparency and Inflation," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 26, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2006.
- Ehrmann, Michael, 2006. "Rational inattention, inflation developments and perceptions after the euro cash changeover," Working Paper Series 588, European Central Bank.
- Sauro Mocetti, 2012.
"Educational choices and the selection process: before and after compulsory schooling,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 189-209, February.
- Sauro Mocetti, 2008. "Educational choices and the selection process before and after compulsory schooling," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 691, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Columba, Francesco, 2008. "The speed of euro adoption," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 249-259, March.
- Marco G. Ercolani & Jayasri Dutta, 2006. "The Euro-changeoverand Euro-inflation: Evidence from Eurostat's HICP," Discussion Papers 06-03, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Luc Aucremanne & Marianne Collin & Thomas Stragier, 2007. "Assessing the Gap between Observed and Perceived Inflation in the Euro Area : Is the Credibility of the HICP at Stake ?," Working Paper Research 112, National Bank of Belgium.
- Thomas A. Eife, 2006. "Price setting behaviour and price setting regulations at the euro changeover," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2006-06, Bank of Estonia, revised 12 Oct 2006.
More about this item
Keywordsbanknotes; currency; euro; inflation.;
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-05-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-05-13 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2006-05-13 (European Economics)
- NEP-IFN-2006-05-13 (International Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2006-05-13 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2006-05-13 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:wptemi:td_581_06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.