Prospects of Adopting the Euro in the Czech Republic
The article explores prospects of adopting the euro in the Czech Republic. Interests and arguments of important stakeholders are discussed, concluding that reasons for diverging attitudes result from conflicting particular economic interests and political preferences on the future course of European integration. Special attention is given to inflationary and distributional consequences of adopting the euro while the Czech Koruna is still appreciating. The article explains why the Czech Republic ceased aiming at the Euro area accession and concludes that the process of the euro adoption may be eventually launched only if political power shifts to eurooptimistic political parties.
Volume (Year): 5 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Estonská 500/3, 101 00 Praha 10|
Phone: (+420) 210 088 800
Fax: (+420) 271 741 597
Web page: http://www.vsfs.cz/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrew K. Rose, 2000. "One money, one market: the effect of common currencies on trade," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 7-46, April.
- Bart Hobijn & David Lagakos, 2005. "Inflation Inequality In The United States," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(4), pages 581-606, December.
- repec:pri:cepsud:101mastrobuoni is not listed on IDEAS
- Brada, Josef C & Mendez, Jose, 1988. "Exchange Rate Risk, Exchange Rate Regime and the Volume of International Trade," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 263-280.
- Sergio De Nardis & Claudio Vicarelli, 2003. "The Impact of the Euro on Trade: The (Early) Effect is Not So Large," Economics Working Papers 017, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prf:journl:v:5:y:2011:i:2:p:177-185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Hakenova)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.