The Euro Changeover and its Effects on Price Transparency and Inflation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wioletta Dziuda & Giovanni Mastrobuoni, 2009. "The Euro Changeover and Its Effects on Price Transparency and Inflation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(1), pages 101-129, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven Salop & Joseph Stiglitz, 1977.
"Bargains and Ripoffs: A Model of Monopolistically Competitive Price Dispersion,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 493-510.
- Steven C. Salop & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1977. "Bargains and ripoffs: a model of monopolistically competitive price dispersion," Special Studies Papers 94, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Paolo Del Giovane & Roberto Sabbatini, 2004. "Lï¿½introduzione dellï¿½euro e la divergenza tra infl azione rilevata e percepita," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 532, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bart Hobijn & Federico Ravenna & Andrea Tambalotti, 2006.
"Menu Costs at Work: Restaurant Prices and the Introduction of the Euro,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(3), pages 1103-1131.
- Bart Hobijn & Federico Ravenna & Andrea Tambalotti, 2004. "Menu costs at work: restaurant prices and the introduction of the euro," Staff Reports 195, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bart Hobijn & Andrea Tanbalotti & Federico Ravenna, 2005. "Menu Costs at Work: Restaurant Prices and the Introduction of the Euro," 2005 Meeting Papers 659, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Aucremanne, L. & Cornille, D., 2001. "Attractive Prices and Euro-Rounding Effects on Inflation," Papers 17, Warwick - Development Economics Research Centre.
- Diamond, Peter A., 1971. "A model of price adjustment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 156-168, June.
- Gaiotti, Eugenio & Lippi, Francesco, 2005.
"Pricing Behaviour and the Introduction of the Euro: Evidence from a Panel of Restaurants,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4893, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eugenio Gaiotti & Francesco Lippi, 2005. "Pricing behavior and the introduction of the euro: evidence from a panel of restaurants," Macroeconomics 0501029, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Feb 2005.
- Giancarlo Marini & Fabrizio Adriani & Pasquale Scaramozzino, 2003.
"The Inflationary Consequences of a Currency Changeover: Evidence from the Michelin Red Guide,"
CEIS Research Paper
27, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Fabrizio Adriani & Giancarlo Marini & Pasquale Scaramozzino, 2004. "The Inflationary Consequences Of A Currency Changeover: Evidence From The Michelin Red Guide," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004 45, Royal Economic Society.
- Luis J. Álvarez & Ignacio Hernando, 2006. "Competition and price adjustment in the euro area," Working Papers 0629, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Franco Mostacci & Roberto Sabbatini, 2003. "L 'euro ha creato inflazione? Changeover e arrotondamenti dei prezzi al consumo in Italia nel 2002," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 56(221), pages 45-95.
- Luc Aucremann & David Cornille, 2001. "Attractive prices and euro-rounding effects on inflation," Working Paper Document 17, National Bank of Belgium.
- Angelini, Paolo & Lippi, Francesco, 2005.
"Did Inflation Really Soar After the Euro Cash Changeover? Indirect Evidence from ATM Withdrawals,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4950, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paolo Angelini & Francesco Lippi, 2006. "Did inflation really soar after the euro cash changeover? Indirect evidence from ATM withdrawals," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 581, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Marco G. Ercolani & Jayasri Dutta, 2006. "The Euro-changeoverand Euro-inflation: Evidence from Eurostat's HICP," Discussion Papers 06-03, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Fabiani, Silvia & Loupias, Claire & Martins, Fernando & Sabbatini, Roberto (ed.), 2007. "Pricing Decisions in the Euro Area: How Firms Set Prices and Why," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195309287.
More about this item
Keywordseuro; currency changeover; imperfect information; search costs; price setting.;
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2006-09-30 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2006-09-30 (European Economics)
- NEP-FMK-2006-09-30 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2006-09-30 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2006-09-30 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cca:wpaper:26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giovanni Bert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fccaait.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.