Are Average Growth Rate and Volatility Related?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ingrid Lo & Stephen G. Sapp, 2006. "A Structural Error-Correction Model of Best Prices and Depths in the Foreign Exchange Limit Order Market," Staff Working Papers 06-8, Bank of Canada.
- Eva Ortega & Nooman Rebei, 2006. "The Welfare Implications of Inflation versus Price-Level Targeting in a Two-Sector, Small Open Economy," Staff Working Papers 06-12, Bank of Canada.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aghion, Philippe & Angeletos, George-Marios & Banerjee, Abhijit & Manova, Kalina, 2010.
"Volatility and growth: Credit constraints and the composition of investment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 246-265, April.
- Aghion, Philippe & Angeletos, George-Marios & Banerjee, Abhijit & Manova, Kalina, 2010. "Volatility and growth: Credit constraints and the composition of investment," Scholarly Articles 12490636, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Debapriya Bhattacharya & Towfiqul Islam Khan, 2009.
"Recent Monetary Policy Statement of Bangladesh Bank (July 2009): An Analytical Commentary,"
CPD Working Paper
82, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- Debapriya Bhattacharya & Towfiqul Islam Khan, 2009. "Recent Monetary Policy Statement of Bangladesh Bank (July 2009) An Analytical Commentary," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22907, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Carlos Esteban Posada & Camilo Morales J. & Andrés Felipe García, 2007. "¿La inestabilidad frena el crecimiento económico?," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003814, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Vicente Rios IbÃ¡Ã±ez & Roberto Ezcurra, 2013. "Volatility and regional growth in Europe: Does space matter?," ERSA conference papers ersa13p133, European Regional Science Association.
- Jetter, Michael & Nikolsko-Rzhevskyy, Alex & Smith, William T., 2013. "The effects of wage volatility on growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 93-109.
- Roberto Ezcurra & Vicente Rios, 2015. "Volatility and Regional Growth in Europe: Does Space Matter?," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 344-368, September.
- Barbara Annicchiarico & Alessandra Pelloni, 2014.
"Productivity growth and volatility: how important are wage and price rigidities?,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 66(1), pages 306-324, January.
- Annicchiarico Barbara & Pelloni Alessandra, 2011. "Productivity growth and volatility: How important are wage and price rigidities?," wp.comunite 0089, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Barbara Annicchiarico & Alessandra Pelloni, 2013. "Productivity Growth and Volatility: How Important Are Wage and Price Rigidities?," Working Paper series 02_13, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Barbara Annicchiarico & Alessandra Pelloni, 2011. "Productivity Growth and Volatility: How Important are Wage and Price Rigidities?," CEIS Research Paper 211, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 26 Sep 2011.
- Berggren, Niclas & Bergh, Andreas & Bjørnskov, Christian, 2012.
"The growth effects of institutional instability,"
Journal of Institutional Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 187-224, June.
- Berggren, Niclas & Bergh, Andreas & Bjørnskov, Christian, 2009. "The Growth Effects of Institutional Instability," Ratio Working Papers 135, The Ratio Institute.
- Berggren, Niclas & Bergh, Andreas & Bjørnskov, Christian, 2009. "The growth effects of institutional instability," Working Papers 2009:8, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Larry E. Jones & Rodolfo E. Manuelli & Henry E. Siu & Ennio Stacchetti, 2005. "Fluctuations in Convex Models of Endogenous Growth I: Growth Effects," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 8(4), pages 780-804, October.
- Philippe Aghion & George-Marios Angeletos & Abhijit Banerjee & Kalina Manova, 2005. "Volatility and Growth: Credit Constraints and Productivity-Enhancing Investment," NBER Working Papers 11349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luisanna Onnis & Patrizio Tirelli, 2010. "Challenging the popular wisdom. New estimates of the unobserved economy," Working Papers 184, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2010.
- Mallick, Debdulal, 2014.
"Financial Development, Shocks, And Growth Volatility,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 651-688, April.
- Mallick, Debdulal, 2009. "Financial Development, Shocks, and Growth Volatility," MPRA Paper 17799, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Neanidis, Kyriakos C. & Savva, Christos S., 2013.
"Macroeconomic uncertainty, inflation and growth: Regime-dependent effects in the G7,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 81-92.
- Kyriakos C. Neanidis & Christos S. Savva, 2010. "Macroeconomic Uncertainty, Inflation and Growth: Regime-Dependent Effects in the G7," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 145, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Dimitrios Bakas & Georgios Chortareas & Georgios Magkonis, 2017. "Volatility and Growth: A not so straightforward relationship," Working Paper series 17-12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness fluctuations and cycles;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-07-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-07-21 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2006-07-21 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:06-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.