Steps in Applying Extreme Value Theory to Finance: A Review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Holger Drees & Laurens F.M. de Haan & Sidney Resnick, 1998. "How to make a Hill Plot," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 98-090/4, Tinbergen Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wsi:ijfexx:v:02:y:2015:i:03:n:s2424786315500334 is not listed on IDEAS
- Younes Bensalah, 2002. "Asset Allocation Using Extreme Value Theory," Staff Working Papers 02-2, Bank of Canada.
- Muteba Mwamba, John & Mhlanga, Isaah, 2013. "Extreme conditional value at risk: a coherent scenario for risk management," MPRA Paper 64387, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suarez, Ronny, 2009. "Improving Modeling of Extreme Events using Generalized Extreme Value Distribution or Generalized Pareto Distribution with Mixing Unconditional Disturbances," MPRA Paper 17482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suarez, R, 2001. "Improving Modeling of Extreme Events using Generalized Extreme Value Distribution or Generalized Pareto Distribution with Mixing Unconditional Disturbances," MPRA Paper 17443, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pamela Cardozo, 2004. "Valor en Riesgo de los Activos Financieros Colombianos Aplicando la Teoría de Valor Extremo," Borradores de Economia 304, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- de Jesús, Raúl & Ortiz, Edgar & Cabello, Alejandra, 2013. "Long run peso/dollar exchange rates and extreme value behavior: Value at Risk modeling," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 139-152.
More about this item
Keywordsimpact of crashes; implementation;
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:00-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/ .