Cotton manufacturers as bankers: the textile trade and credit in spain (1840-1913)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hollis, Aidan & Sweetman, Arthur, 1998. "Microcredit in Prefamine Ireland," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 347-380, October.
- Ville, Simon & Fleming, Grant, 2000. "Financial intermediaries and the design of loan contracts within the Australasian pastoral sector before the Second World War," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 201-218, October.
- Cuadras-Morató, Xavier & Rosés, Joan R., 1998. "Bills of exchange as money: sources of monetary supply during the industrialisation of Catalonia, 1844–74," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 27-47, April.
- Xavier Cuadras & Joan R. Roses, 1995. "Bills of exchange as money: Sources of monetary supply during the industrialization in Catalonia (1844-74)," Economics Working Papers 111, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Baskes, Jeremy, 2005. "Colonial Institutions and Cross-Cultural Trade: Repartimiento Credit and Indigenous Production of Cochineal in Eighteenth-Century Oaxaca, Mexico," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 65(01), pages 186-210, March.
More about this item
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-02-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2008-02-23 (Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2008-02-23 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MFD-2008-02-23 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bar:bedcje:2008189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feubaes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.