The Millennium Bub
How much do non-medical factors affect the timing of conceptions, births and deaths? To test this, we estimate the effect of the millennium on conceptions, births and deaths. With a highly flexible empirical specification, we find large and significant increases in conceptions and births, and suggestive evidence of an effect on deaths.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: +61 2 6125 3807|
Phone: +61 2 6125 3807
Fax: +61 2 6125 0744
Web page: http://rse.anu.edu.au/cepr.php
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gans, Joshua S. & Leigh, Andrew, 2009.
"Born on the first of July: An (un)natural experiment in birth timing,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(1-2), pages 246-263, February.
- Joshua S. Gans & Andrew Leigh, 2006. "Born on the First of July: An (Un)natural Experiment in Birth Timing," CEPR Discussion Papers 529, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joel Slemrod, 2003.
"Dying to Save Taxes: Evidence from Estate-Tax Returns on the Death Elasticity,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 256-265, May.
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joel Slemrod, 2001. "Dying to Save Taxes: Evidence from Estate Tax Returns on the Death Elasticity," NBER Working Papers 8158, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua S. Gans & Andrew Leigh, 2006.
"Did the Death of Australian Inheritance Taxes Affect Deaths?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
530, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Gans Joshua S & Leigh Andrew, 2006. "Did the Death of Australian Inheritance Taxes Affect Deaths?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-9, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:auu:dpaper:531. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.