The millennium bub
How much do nonmedical factors affect the timing of conceptions, births and deaths? To test this, we estimate the effect of the millennium on conceptions, births and deaths. With a highly flexible empirical specification, we find large and significant increases in conceptions and births, and suggestive evidence of an effect on deaths.
Volume (Year): 16 (2009)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gans, Joshua S. & Leigh, Andrew, 2009.
"Born on the first of July: An (un)natural experiment in birth timing,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(1-2), pages 246-263, February.
- Joshua S. Gans & Andrew Leigh, 2006. "Born on the First of July: An (Un)natural Experiment in Birth Timing," CEPR Discussion Papers 529, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Joshua S. Gans & Andrew Leigh, 2006.
"Did the Death of Australian Inheritance Taxes Affect Deaths?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
530, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Gans Joshua S & Leigh Andrew, 2006. "Did the Death of Australian Inheritance Taxes Affect Deaths?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-9, November.
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joel Slemrod, 2003.
"Dying to Save Taxes: Evidence from Estate-Tax Returns on the Death Elasticity,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 256-265, May.
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joel Slemrod, 2001. "Dying to Save Taxes: Evidence from Estate Tax Returns on the Death Elasticity," NBER Working Papers 8158, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:16:y:2009:i:14:p:1467-1470. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.