High-Roller Impact: A Large Generalized Game Model of Parimutuel Wagering
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Balder, Erik J., 1999. "On the existence of Cournot-Nash equilibria in continuum games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 207-223, October.
- Frédéric Koessler & Anthony Ziegelmeyer & Marie-Hélène Broihanne, 2003.
"The Favorite-Longshot Bias in Sequential Parimutuel Betting with Non-Expected Utility Players,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 231-248, May.
- Frédéric KOESSLER & Anthony ZIEGELMEYER & Marie-Hélène BROIHANNE, 2002. "The Favorite-Longshot Bias in Sequential parimutuel Betting with Non-Expected Utility Players," Working Papers of BETA 2002-12, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Ruth N. Bolton & Randall G. Chapman, 2008.
"Searching For Positive Returns At The Track: A Multinomial Logit Model For Handicapping Horse Races,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Efficiency Of Racetrack Betting Markets, chapter 17, pages 151-171
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Ruth N. Bolton & Randall G. Chapman, 1986. "Searching for Positive Returns at the Track: A Multinomial Logit Model for Handicapping Horse Races," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(8), pages 1040-1060, August.
- Richard E. Quandt, 1986. "Betting and Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(1), pages 201-207.
- Carmona, Guilherme & Podczeck, Konrad, 2014.
"Existence of Nash equilibrium in games with a measure space of players and discontinuous payoff functions,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 130-178.
- Carmona, Guilherme & Podczeck, Konrad, 2013. "Existence of Nash Equilibrium in games with a measure space of players and discontinuous payoff functions," MPRA Paper 44263, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sofía Correa & Juan Torres-Martínez, 2014. "Essential equilibria of large generalized games," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 57(3), pages 479-513, November.
- Asch, Peter & Malkiel, Burton G. & Quandt, Richard E., 1982. "Racetrack betting and informed behavior," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 187-194, July.
- Bernard Rosner, 1975. "Optimal Allocation of Resources in a Pari-Mutuel Setting," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(9), pages 997-1006, May.
- Feeney, Rob & King, Stephen P., 2001. "Sequential parimutuel games," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 165-173, August.
- Koessler, Frédéric & Noussair, Charles & Ziegelmeyer, Anthony, 2008.
"Parimutuel betting under asymmetric information,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 733-744, July.
- Frédéric KOESSLER & Anthony ZIEGELMEYER, 2002. "Parimutuel Betting under Asymmetric Information," Working Papers of BETA 2002-17, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Frédéric Koessler & Charles Noussair & Anthony Ziegelmeyer, 2008. "Parimutuel betting under asymmetric information," Post-Print halshs-00754275, HAL.
- Frederic Koessler & Charles Noussair & Anthony Ziegelmeyer, 2006. "Parimutuel Betting under Asymmetric Information," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2006-05, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Frederic Koessler & Anthony Ziegelmeyer, 2004. "Parimutuel Betting under Asymmetric Information," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2003-34, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Potters, J.J.M. & Wit, J., 1996.
"Bets and Bids : Favorite-Longshot Bias and Winner's Curse,"
1996-04, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jan Potters & Jorgen Wit, 1997. "Bets and bids: favorite-longshot bias and winner's curse," Microeconomics 9706003, EconWPA.
- Hurley, William & McDonough, Lawrence, 1995. "A Note on the Hayek Hypothesis and the Favorite-Longshot Bias in Parimutuel Betting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 949-955, September.
- Donald B. Hausch & William T. Ziemba & Mark Rubinstein, 1981. "Efficiency of the Market for Racetrack Betting," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(12), pages 1435-1452, December.
- Roman Gayduk & Sergey Nadtochiy, 2015. "Liquidity Effects of Trading Frequency," Papers 1508.07914, arXiv.org, revised May 2017.
- Jeffrey Lange & Nicholas Economides, 2005.
"A Parimutuel Market Microstructure for Contingent Claims,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 11(1), pages 25-49.
- Nicholas Economides, 2003. "A Parimutuel Market Microstructure for Contingent Claims," Working Papers 03-18, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Rath, Kali P, 1992. "A Direct Proof of the Existence of Pure Strategy Equilibria in Games with a Continuum of Players," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 2(3), pages 427-433, July.
- Takahiro, Watanabe, 1997. "A parimutuel system with two horses and a continuum of bettors," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 85-100, August.
- Thaler, Richard H & Ziemba, William T, 1988. "Parimutuel Betting Markets: Racetracks and Lotteries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 161-174, Spring.
- Terrell, Dek & Farmer, Amy, 1996. "Optimal Betting and Efficiency in Parimutuel Betting Markets with Information Costs," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(437), pages 846-868, July.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2016-05-14 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2016-05-14 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2016-05-14 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1605.03653. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.