Can Google Trends search queries contribute to risk diversification?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mondria, Jordi & Wu, Thomas & Zhang, Yi, 2010.
"The determinants of international investment and attention allocation: Using internet search query data,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 85-95, September.
- Jordi Mondria & Thomas Wu & Yi Zhang, 2008. "The Determinants of International Investment and Attention Allocation: Using Internet Search Query Data," Working Papers tecipa-326, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Fondeur, Y. & Karamé, F., 2013.
"Can Google data help predict French youth unemployment?,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 117-125.
- Frédéric Karamé & Yannick Fondeur, 2012. "Can Google Data Help Predict French Youth Unemployment?," Documents de recherche 12-03, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Kenett, Dror Y. & Raddant, Matthias & Lux, Thomas & Ben-Jacob, Eshel, 2011. "Evolvement of uniformity and volatility in the stressed global financial village," Kiel Working Papers 1739, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Simeon Vosen & Torsten Schmidt, 2011.
"Forecasting private consumption: survey‐based indicators vs. Google trends,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(6), pages 565-578, September.
- Schmidt, Torsten & Vosen, Simeon, 2009. "Forecasting Private Consumption: Survey-based Indicators vs. Google Trends," Ruhr Economic Papers 155, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Yan Carrière‐Swallow & Felipe Labbé, 2013.
"Nowcasting with Google Trends in an Emerging Market,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(4), pages 289-298, July.
- Yan Carrière-Swallow & Felipe Labbé, 2010. "Nowcasting With Google Trends in an Emerging Market," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 588, Central Bank of Chile.
- Michael S. Drake & Darren T. Roulstone & Jacob R. Thornock, 2012. "Investor Information Demand: Evidence from Google Searches Around Earnings Announcements," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 1001-1040, September.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fantazziini, Dean, 2014. "Nowcasting and Forecasting the Monthly Food Stamps Data in the US using Online Search Data," MPRA Paper 59696, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Damien Challet & Ahmed Bel Hadj Ayed, 2014.
"Do Google Trend data contain more predictability than price returns?,"
- Damien Challet & Ahmed Bel Hadj Ayed, 2015. "Do Google Trend data contain more predictability than price returns?," Post-Print hal-00960875, HAL.
- Kristoufek, Ladislav, 2015.
"Power-law correlations in finance-related Google searches, and their cross-correlations with volatility and traded volume: Evidence from the Dow Jones Industrial components,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 428(C), pages 194-205.
- Ladislav Kristoufek, 2015. "Power-law correlations in finance-related Google searches, and their cross-correlations with volatility and traded volume: Evidence from the Dow Jones Industrial components," Papers 1502.00225, arXiv.org.
- Gabriele Ranco & Ilaria Bordino & Giacomo Bormetti & Guido Caldarelli & Fabrizio Lillo & Michele Treccani, 2014. "Coupling news sentiment with web browsing data improves prediction of intra-day price dynamics," Papers 1412.3948, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2015.
- Jan Jurczyk, 2015. "Measuring switching processes in financial markets with the Mean-Variance spin glass approach," Papers 1503.03986, arXiv.org.
- Jaroslav Pavlicek & Ladislav Kristoufek, 2014. "Can Google searches help nowcast and forecast unemployment rates in the Visegrad Group countries?," Papers 1408.6639, arXiv.org.
- Zeynalov, Ayaz, 2014. "Nowcasting Tourist Arrivals to Prague: Google Econometrics," MPRA Paper 60945, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-FOR-2013-10-11 (Forecasting)
- NEP-RMG-2013-10-11 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1310.1444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .