Can Google Trends search queries contribute to risk diversification?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Fondeur, Y. & Karamé, F., 2013.
"Can Google data help predict French youth unemployment?,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 117-125.
- Frédéric Karamé & Yannick Fondeur, 2012. "Can Google Data Help Predict French Youth Unemployment?," Documents de recherche 12-03, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Kenett, Dror Y. & Raddant, Matthias & Lux, Thomas & Ben-Jacob, Eshel, 2011. "Evolvement of uniformity and volatility in the stressed global financial village," Kiel Working Papers 1739, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Yan Carrière‐Swallow & Felipe Labbé, 2013.
"Nowcasting with Google Trends in an Emerging Market,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(4), pages 289-298, July.
- Yan Carrière-Swallow & Felipe Labbé, 2010. "Nowcasting With Google Trends in an Emerging Market," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 588, Central Bank of Chile.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Simeon Vosen & Torsten Schmidt, 2011.
"Forecasting private consumption: survey‐based indicators vs. Google trends,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(6), pages 565-578, September.
- Schmidt, Torsten & Vosen, Simeon, 2009. "Forecasting Private Consumption: Survey-based Indicators vs. Google Trends," Ruhr Economic Papers 155, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Mondria, Jordi & Wu, Thomas & Zhang, Yi, 2010.
"The determinants of international investment and attention allocation: Using internet search query data,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 85-95, September.
- Jordi Mondria & Thomas Wu & Yi Zhang, 2008. "The Determinants of International Investment and Attention Allocation: Using Internet Search Query Data," Working Papers tecipa-326, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Michael S. Drake & Darren T. Roulstone & Jacob R. Thornock, 2012. "Investor Information Demand: Evidence from Google Searches Around Earnings Announcements," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 1001-1040, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fantazziini, Dean, 2014. "Nowcasting and Forecasting the Monthly Food Stamps Data in the US using Online Search Data," MPRA Paper 59696, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Damien Challet & Ahmed Bel Hadj Ayed, 2014.
"Do Google Trend data contain more predictability than price returns?,"
- Damien Challet & Ahmed Bel Hadj Ayed, 2015. "Do Google Trend data contain more predictability than price returns?," Post-Print hal-00960875, HAL.
- Kristoufek, Ladislav, 2015.
"Power-law correlations in finance-related Google searches, and their cross-correlations with volatility and traded volume: Evidence from the Dow Jones Industrial components,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 428(C), pages 194-205.
- Ladislav Kristoufek, 2015. "Power-law correlations in finance-related Google searches, and their cross-correlations with volatility and traded volume: Evidence from the Dow Jones Industrial components," Papers 1502.00225, arXiv.org.
- Gabriele Ranco & Ilaria Bordino & Giacomo Bormetti & Guido Caldarelli & Fabrizio Lillo & Michele Treccani, 2014. "Coupling news sentiment with web browsing data improves prediction of intra-day price dynamics," Papers 1412.3948, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2015.
- Jan Jurczyk, 2015. "Measuring switching processes in financial markets with the Mean-Variance spin glass approach," Papers 1503.03986, arXiv.org.
- Jaroslav Pavlicek & Ladislav Kristoufek, 2014. "Can Google searches help nowcast and forecast unemployment rates in the Visegrad Group countries?," Papers 1408.6639, arXiv.org.
- Zeynalov, Ayaz, 2014. "Nowcasting Tourist Arrivals to Prague: Google Econometrics," MPRA Paper 60945, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-FOR-2013-10-11 (Forecasting)
- NEP-RMG-2013-10-11 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1310.1444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.