Is the Log Export Ban Effective? Revisiting the Issue through the Case of Indonesia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pearson,Charles S., 2000. "Economics and the Global Environment," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521779883.
- Edward Barbier & Michael Rauscher, 1994. "Trade, tropical deforestation and policy interventions," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(1), pages 75-90, February.
- Pearson,Charles S., 2000. "Economics and the Global Environment," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521770026.
- Goodland, Robert & Daly, Herman, 1996. "If tropical log export bans are so perverse, why are there so many?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 189-196, September.
- Nalin Kishor & Muthukumara Mani & Luis Constantino, 2004. "Economic and Environmental Benefits of Eliminating Log Export Bans - The Case of Costa Rica," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 609-624, April.
- John Perez-Garcia & Bruce Lippke & Janet Baker, 1997. "Trade Barriers In The Pacific Forest Sector: Who Wins And Who Loses," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(1), pages 87-103, January.
- Dean, Judith M, 1995. "Export Bans, Environment, and Developing Country Welfare," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 319-329, October.
- Deacon Robert T., 1995. "Assessing the Relationship between Government Policy and Deforestation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-18, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala, 2006. "Post-crisis export performance: The Indonesian experience in regional perspective," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 177-211.
More about this item
Keywordslog export ban policy; conservation and economic development; national economy; household incomes; CGE;
- Q00 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anu:eenwps:0602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jack Pezzey). General contact details of provider: http://een.anu.edu.au/ .