Is the Log Export Ban Effective? Revisiting the Issue through the Case of Indonesia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pearson,Charles S., 2000. "Economics and the Global Environment," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521779883, October.
- Edward Barbier & Michael Rauscher, 1994. "Trade, tropical deforestation and policy interventions," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(1), pages 75-90, February.
- Pearson,Charles S., 2000. "Economics and the Global Environment," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521770026, October.
- Goodland, Robert & Daly, Herman, 1996. "If tropical log export bans are so perverse, why are there so many?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 189-196, September.
- Nalin Kishor & Muthukumara Mani & Luis Constantino, 2004. "Economic and Environmental Benefits of Eliminating Log Export Bans - The Case of Costa Rica," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 609-624, April.
- John Perez-Garcia & Bruce Lippke & Janet Baker, 1997. "Trade Barriers In The Pacific Forest Sector: Who Wins And Who Loses," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(1), pages 87-103, January.
- Dean, Judith M, 1995. "Export Bans, Environment, and Developing Country Welfare," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 319-329, October.
- Deacon Robert T., 1995. "Assessing the Relationship between Government Policy and Deforestation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-18, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala, 2006. "Post-crisis export performance: The Indonesian experience in regional perspective," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 177-211.
More about this item
Keywordslog export ban policy; conservation and economic development; national economy; household incomes; CGE;
- Q00 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anu:eenwps:0602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jack Pezzey). General contact details of provider: http://een.anu.edu.au/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.