Trade, tropical deforestation and policy interventions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hyde, W.F. & Newman, D.H. & Sedjo, R.A., 1991. "Forest Economics and Policy Analysis," World Bank - Discussion Papers 134, World Bank.
- Barbier, E B & Burgess, J C, 2001. " The Economics of Tropical Deforestation," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 413-433, July.
- Solow, Robert M, 1974. "The Economics of Resources or the Resources of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 1-14, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Smith, V. Kerry & Espinosa, J. Andrès, 1996.
"Environmental and trade policies: some methodological lessons,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 19-40, February.
- Smith, Kerry & J. Andres Espinosa, 1995. "Environmental and Trade Policies: Some MethodologicalLessons," Working Papers 95-47, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Smith, V. Kerry & Espinosa, Andres, 1996. "Environmental and Trade Policies: Some Methodological Lessons," Discussion Papers dp-96-18, Resources For the Future.
- Samuel GUERINEAU & Pascale COMBES MOTEL & Jean-Louis COMBES, 2008.
"Deforestation and credit cycles in Latin American countries,"
- Jean-Louis Combes & Samuel Guerineau & Pascale Combes Motel, 2011. "Deforestation and credit cycles in Latin American countries," Working Papers halshs-00556809, HAL.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Pascale Combes Motel & Samuel Guérineau, 2008. "Deforestation and credit cycles in Latin American countries," Post-Print hal-00288977, HAL.
- von Amsberg, Joachim & DEC, 1994. "Economic parameters of deforestation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1350, The World Bank.
- Angelsen, Arild, 1999. "Agricultural expansion and deforestation: modelling the impact of population, market forces and property rights," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 185-218, February.
- Brander, James A. & Scott Taylor, M., 1997.
"International trade between consumer and conservationist countries,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 267-297, November.
- James Brander & M. Scott Taylor, 1997. "International Trade Between Consumer and Conservationist Countries," NBER Working Papers 6006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rauscher, Michael, 2001. "International trade, foreign investment, and the environment," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 29, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Maestad, Ottar, 2001. "Timber trade restrictions and tropical deforestation: a forest mining approach," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 111-132, April.
- Hartwick, John M. & Van Long, Ngo & Tian, Huilan, 2001. "Deforestation and Development in a Small Open Economy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 235-251, May.
- Seo, Kami & Taylor, Jonathan, 2003. "Forest resource trade between Japan and Southeast Asia: the structure of dual decay," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 91-104, April.
- Horatiu A. Rus, 2012. "Environmental Depletion, Governance, and Conflict," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1305-1332, April.
- C. Martijn van der Heide & Jeroen C.J.M. van den Bergh & Ekko C. van Ierland, 1999. "Globalisation and Nature Policy: An Integrated Environmental-Economic Framework," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-090/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jayadevappa, Ravishankar & Chhatre, Sumedha, 2000. "International trade and environmental quality: a survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 175-194, February.
- Robalino, Juan & Herrera, Luis Diego, 2010. "Trade and deforestation: A literature review," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2010-04, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Pascual, Unai & Martinez-Espineira, Roberto, 2006. "Poverty and environmental degradation under trade liberalization: searching for second-best policy options," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(12).
- Rainer Thiele & Manfred Wiebelt, 1993.
"National and international policies for tropical rain forest conservation—A quantitative analysis for Cameroon,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 3(6), pages 501-531, December.
- Thiele, Rainer & Wiebelt, Manfred, 1993. "National and international policies for tropical rain forest conservation: a quantitative analysis for Cameroon," Kiel Working Papers 570, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Andrés-Domenech, Pablo & Martín-Herrán, Guiomar & Zaccour, Georges, 2015. "Cooperation for sustainable forest management: An empirical differential game approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 118-128.
- Polasky, Stephen & Costello, Christopher & Solow, Andrew, 2005. "The Economics of Biodiversity," Handbook of Environmental Economics,in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 29, pages 1517-1560 Elsevier.
- Horatiu Rus, 2014.
"Corruption, conflict and the management of natural resources,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 355-386, November.
- Horatiu Rus, 2010. "Corruption, Conflict and the Management of Natural Resources," Working Papers 1005, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised May 2010.
- Carl-Erik Schulz, 1996. "Trade policy and ecology," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 8(1), pages 15-38, July.
- Budy P. Resosudarmo & Arief Anshory Yusuf, 2006. "Is the Log Export Ban Effective? Revisiting the Issue through the Case of Indonesia," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0602, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
More about this item
Keywordsdeforestation; trade interventions; forest stock; tropical timber; large country exporter;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:4:y:1994:i:1:p:75-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.