Diploma earning differences by gender in Colombia
This paper discusses the existence of diploma earnings differences by gender in Colombia with a model of sheepskin effects based on pseudo panel data for the period 1996-2000. Our results show a significant and distinctive effect of high school and university degrees among men and women. Thus, additional earnings associated with a high school degree are higher for women than for men, while additional earnings associated with a university degree are higher for men compared to women in Colombia in the period under consideration.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Alcalá de Henares 28803|
Web page: http://www3.uah.es/alcametrica
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jhon James Mora & Juan Muro, 2007. "Testing for sample selection bias in pseudo panels: Theory and Monte Carlo," BORRADORES DE ECONOMÍA Y FINANZAS 003559, UNIVERSIDAD ICESI.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1993. "Identification and estimation of dynamic models with a time series of repeated cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-2), pages 99-123, September.
- David Aldana & Luis Eduardo Arabgo, 2008.
"Participación laboral en Ibagué,"
REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO,
UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, June.
- David Aldana & Luis Eduardo Arango, 2007. "Participación Laboral en Ibagué," Borradores de Economia 439, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- David Aldana & Luis Eduardo Arango, 2007. "Participación laboral en Ibagué," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003314, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Deaton, Angus, 1985. "Panel data from time series of cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 109-126.
- Belman, Dale & Heywood, John S, 1991. "Sheepskin Effects in the Returns to Education: An Examination on Women and Minorities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 720-724, November.
- Jhon James Mora, 2008. "Sheepskin effects by cohorts in Colombia," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(2), pages 111-121, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:alc:alcamo:0802. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Juan Muro)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.