Diploma earning differences by gender in Colombia
This paper discusses the existence of diploma earnings differences by gender in Colombia with a model of sheepskin effects based on pseudo panel data for the period 1996-2000. Our results show a significant and distinctive effect of high school and university degrees among men and women. Thus, additional earnings associated with a high school degree are higher for women than for men, while additional earnings associated with a university degree are higher for men compared to women in Colombia in the period under consideration.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www2.uah.es/alcametrica
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Aldana & Luis Eduardo Arango, 2007.
"Participación laboral en Ibagué,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
003314, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Jhon James Mora & Juan Muro, 2008. "Sheepskin effects by cohorts in Colombia," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(2), pages 111-121, May.
- Jhon James Mora & Juan Muro, 2007. "Testing for sample selection bias in pseudo panels: Theory and Monte Carlo," BORRADORES DE ECONOMÍA Y FINANZAS 003559, UNIVERSIDAD ICESI.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1993. "Identification and estimation of dynamic models with a time series of repeated cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-2), pages 99-123, September.
- Belman, Dale & Heywood, John S, 1991. "Sheepskin Effects in the Returns to Education: An Examination on Women and Minorities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 720-24, November.
- Deaton, Angus, 1985. "Panel data from time series of cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 109-126.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:alc:alcamo:0802. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Juan Muro)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.