The Marginal Abatement Cost of Carbon Emissions in China
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chunbo Ma and Atakelty Hailu, 2016. "The Marginal Abatement Cost of Carbon Emissions in China," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(China Spe).
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Lasky, 2003. "The Economic Costs of Reducing Emissions of Greenhouse Gases: A Survey of Economic Models: Technical Paper 2003-03," Working Papers 14414, Congressional Budget Office.
- Michael Greenstone, 2003. "Estimating Regulation-Induced Substitution: The Effect of the Clean Air Act on Water and Ground Pollution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 442-448, May.
- Considine, Timothy J. & Larson, Donald F., 2006. "The environment as a factor of production," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 645-662, November.
- Newell, Richard G & Stavins, Robert N, 2003.
"Cost Heterogeneity and the Potential Savings from Market-Based Policies,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 43-59, January.
- Newell, Richard G. & Stavins, Robert N., 2000. "Cost Heterogeneity and the Potential Savings from Market-Based Policies," Discussion Papers 10577, Resources for the Future.
- Stavins, Robert & Newell, Richard, 2000. "Cost Heterogeneity and the Potential Savings from Market-Based Policies," Discussion Papers dp-00-10-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Lee, Myunghun & Zhang, Ning, 2012. "Technical efficiency, shadow price of carbon dioxide emissions, and substitutability for energy in the Chinese manufacturing industries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1492-1497.
- Atakelty Hailu & Robert Chambers, 2012. "A Luenberger soil-quality indicator," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 145-154, October.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Noh, Dong-Woon & Weber, William, 2005. "Characteristics of a polluting technology: theory and practice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 469-492, June.
- Wei, Chu & Ni, Jinlan & Du, Limin, 2012. "Regional allocation of carbon dioxide abatement in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 552-565.
- Gamper-Rabindran, Shanti, 2006. "Did the EPA's voluntary industrial toxics program reduce emissions? A GIS analysis of distributional impacts and by-media analysis of substitution," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 391-410, July.
- Zhang, Ning & Zhou, P. & Choi, Yongrok, 2013. "Energy efficiency, CO2 emission performance and technology gaps in fossil fuel electricity generation in Korea: A meta-frontier non-radial directional distance functionanalysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 653-662.
- Wei, Chu & Löschel, Andreas & Liu, Bing, 2013. "An empirical analysis of the CO2 shadow price in Chinese thermal power enterprises," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 22-31.
- Choi, Yongrok & Zhang, Ning & Zhou, P., 2012. "Efficiency and abatement costs of energy-related CO2 emissions in China: A slacks-based efficiency measure," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 198-208.
- Coggins, Jay S. & Swinton, John R., 1996.
"The Price of Pollution: A Dual Approach to Valuing SO2Allowances,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 58-72, January.
- JAY S. COGGINS & John R. Swinton, 1994. "The Price of Pollution: A Dual Approach to Valuing SO2 Allowances," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 378, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Coggins, Jay S. & Swinton, John R., 1994. "The Price of Pollution: A Dual Approach to Valuing SO2 Allowances," Staff Papers 200581, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
- Hailu, Atakelty & Veeman, Terrence S., 2000. "Environmentally Sensitive Productivity Analysis of the Canadian Pulp and Paper Industry, 1959-1994: An Input Distance Function Approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 251-274, November.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Krupnick, Alan & Palmer, Karen & Paul, Anthony & Toman, Michael & Bloyd, Cary, 2003. "Ancillary benefits of reduced air pollution in the US from moderate greenhouse gas mitigation policies in the electricity sector," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 650-673, May.
- Kuik, Onno & Brander, Luke & Tol, Richard S.J., 2009. "Marginal abatement costs of greenhouse gas emissions: A meta-analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1395-1403, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:2:p:429-:d:197917 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:178:y:2019:i:c:p:685-694 is not listed on IDEAS
- Asha Gunawardena, 2016. "Cost of Controlling Water Pollution and its Impact on Industrial Efficiency," Working Papers id:11537, eSocialSciences.
- Ke Wang & Linan Che & Chunbo Ma & Yi-Ming Wei, 2017. "The Shadow Price of CO2 Emissions in China's Iron and Steel Industry," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 105, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
- F0 - International Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CNA-2015-05-30 (China)
- NEP-ENE-2015-05-30 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2015-05-30 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2015-05-30 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uwauwp:204973. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aruwaau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.