Imperialism And Competition In Anthropology, Sociology, Political Science And Economics: A Perspective From Development Economics
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2001. "Imperialism and competition in anthropology, sociology, political science and economics: a perspective from development economics," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 15-29, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grossbard-Shechtman, Shoshana & Neuman, Shoshana, 1998.
"The Extra Burden of Moslem Wives: Clues from Israeli Women's Labor Supply,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(3), pages 491-517, April.
- Grossbard-Shechtman, Shoshana & Neuman, Shoshana, 1998. "The Extra Burden of Moslem Wives: Clues from Israeli Women's Labour Supply," CEPR Discussion Papers 1807, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1985. "The Expanding Domain of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(6), pages 53-68, December.
- Ruttan, Vernon W, 1988.
"Cultural Endowments and Economic Development: What Can We Learn from Anthropology?,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(3), pages 247-271, Supplemen.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1986. "Cultural Endowments and Economic Development: What Can We Learn from Anthropology?," Bulletins 7505, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1995. "Cultural endowments and economic development: Implications for the Chinese economies," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 91-104.
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, January.
- Ruttan, Vernon W, 1991. "What Happened to Political Development?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, pages 265-292.
- Becker, Gary S, 1993. "Nobel Lecture: The Economic Way of Looking at Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 385-409, June.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Bliss, C. J. & Stern, N. H., 1982. "Palanpur: The Economy of an Indian Village," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284192.
- Friedland,William H. & Barton,Amy E. & Thomas,Robert J., 1981. "Manufacturing Green Gold," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521285841, March.
- Vernon Ruttan, 1998. "The new growth theory and development economics: A survey," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 1-26.
- Ben-Porath, Yoram, 1982. "Economics and the Family-Match or Mismatch? A Review of Becker's A Treatise on the Family," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 52-64, March.
- John Lodewijks, 1994. "Anthropologists and economists: conflict or cooperation?," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 81-104.
- Grossbard, Amyra, 1978. "Towards a Marriage between Economics and Anthropology and a General Theory of Marriage," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 33-37, May.
- Greif, Avner, 1994. "Cultural Beliefs and the Organization of Society: A Historical and Theoretical Reflection on Collectivist and Individualist Societies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 912-950, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paavola, Jouni & Adger, W. Neil, 2005. "Institutional ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 353-368, May.
- John Toye & David Hulme, 2005. "The case for cross-disciplinary social science research on poverty, inequality and well-being," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-001, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Jackson, Cecile, 2002. "Disciplining Gender?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 497-509, March.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Development; O30;
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umedbu:12978. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dcumnus.html .