Cultural Endowments and Economic Development: What Can We Learn from Anthropology?
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||1986|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: (612) 625-1222|
Phone: (612) 625-1222
Fax: (612) 625-6245
Web page: http://www.apec.umn.edu/EDC.html
More information through EDIRC
Keywords: International Development;
Other versions of this item:
- Ruttan, Vernon W, 1988. "Cultural Endowments and Economic Development: What Can We Learn from Anthropology?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(3), pages 247-271, Supplemen.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2001.
"Imperialism and competition in anthropology, sociology, political science and economics: a perspective from development economics,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 15-29, January.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2000. "Imperialism And Competition In Anthropology, Sociology, Political Science And Economics: A Perspective From Development Economics," Bulletins 12978, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Smale, Melinda & Ruttan, Vernon W., 1994. "Cultural Endowments, Institutional Renovation and Technical Innovation: The "Groupements Naam" of Yatenga, Burkina Faso," Bulletins 12983, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- W. Adger & P. Kelly, 1999. "Social Vulnerability to Climate Change and the Architecture of Entitlements," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 253-266, September.
- Adger, W. Neil, 1999. "Evolution of economy and environment: an application to land use in lowland Vietnam," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 365-379, December.
- Chakraborty, Shankha & Thompson, Jon C. & Yehoue, Etienne B., 2016. "The culture of entrepreneurship," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 288-317.
- Chakraborty, Shankha & Thompson, Jon & Yehoue, Etienne, 2014. "The Culture of Entrepreneurship," MPRA Paper 56892, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- João Rogério Sanson, 2007. "Ethics, politics, and Nonsatiation in Consumption: A Synthesis," Economia, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 8(1), pages 1-20.
- João Rogério Sanson, 2005. "Ethics, Politics, And Nonsatiation In Consumption: A Synthesis," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 136, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Mendis, Patrick, 1995. "Capitalism In Human Scale: Are There "Virtuous Circles" In Economic Growth And Human Development In Achieving A Newly Industrialized Country Status?," Staff Papers 13901, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Jenkins, T. N., 2000. "Putting postmodernity into practice: endogenous development and the role of traditional cultures in the rural development of marginal regions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 301-313, September.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1995. "Cultural endowments and economic development: Implications for the Chinese economies," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 91-104.
- Gérard Grellet, 1992. "Pourquoi les pays en voie de développement ont-ils des rythmes de croissance aussi différents ? Un survol critique de quelques orthodoxies contemporaines," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 33(129), pages 31-66.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umedbu:7505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed