The Political Economy Of Poverty Alleviation In Developing Countries: Is Sri Lanka Really An Exception?
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||1992|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (612) 625-1222
Fax: (612) 625-6245
Web page: http://www.apec.umn.edu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Poleman, Thomas T., 1973. "Income and Food Consumption: Report to the Government in Sri Lanka," Staff Papers 185909, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Sen, Amartya, 1981. "Public Action and the Quality of Life in Developing Countries," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 43(4), pages 287-319, November.
- Streeten, Paul & Burki, Shahid Javed, 1978. "Basic needs: Some issues," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 411-421, March.
- Bhalla, Surjit S & Glewwe, Paul, 1986. "Growth and Equity in Developing Countries: A Reinterpretation of the Sri Lankan Experience," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(1), pages 35-63, September.
- Ariyaratne, A. T., 1980. "The role of Buddhist monks in development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(7-8), pages 587-589.
- Sahn, David E., 1987. "Changes in the living standards of the poor in Sri Lanka during a period of macroeconomic restructuring," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 809-830, June.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N., 1988. "Poverty and public policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 539-555, May.
- Ahluwalia, Montek S. & Carter, Nicholas G. & Chenery, Hollis B., 1979. "Growth and poverty in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 299-341, August.
- Rajapatirana, Sarath, 1988. "Foreign trade and economic development: Sri Lanka's experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(10), pages 1143-1157, October.
- Caldwell, John & Gajanayake, Indra & Caldwell, Pat & Peiris, Indrani, 1989. "Sensitization to illness and the risk of death: An explanation for Sri Lanka's approach to good health for all," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 365-379, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umaesp:14052. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.