The Political Economy Of Poverty Alleviation In Developing Countries: Is Sri Lanka Really An Exception?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N., 1988. "Poverty and public policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 539-555, May.
- Ahluwalia, Montek S. & Carter, Nicholas G. & Chenery, Hollis B., 1979. "Growth and poverty in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 299-341, August.
- Sen, Amartya, 1981. "Public Action and the Quality of Life in Developing Countries," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 43(4), pages 287-319, November.
- Caldwell, John & Gajanayake, Indra & Caldwell, Pat & Peiris, Indrani, 1989. "Sensitization to illness and the risk of death: An explanation for Sri Lanka's approach to good health for all," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 365-379, January.
- Bhalla, Surjit S & Glewwe, Paul, 1986. "Growth and Equity in Developing Countries: A Reinterpretation of the Sri Lankan Experience," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(1), pages 35-63, September.
- Streeten, Paul & Burki, Shahid Javed, 1978. "Basic needs: Some issues," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 411-421, March.
- Poleman, Thomas T., 1973. "Income and Food Consumption: Report to the Government in Sri Lanka," Staff Papers 185909, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Rajapatirana, Sarath, 1988. "Foreign trade and economic development: Sri Lanka's experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(10), pages 1143-1157, October.
- Sahn, David E., 1987. "Changes in the living standards of the poor in Sri Lanka during a period of macroeconomic restructuring," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 809-830, June.
- Ariyaratne, A. T., 1980. "The role of Buddhist monks in development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(7-8), pages 587-589.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mendis, Patrick, 1995. "Capitalism In Human Scale: Are There "Virtuous Circles" In Economic Growth And Human Development In Achieving A Newly Industrialized Country Status?," Staff Papers 13901, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsFood Security and Poverty; Political Economy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umaesp:14052. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/daumnus.html .