Impacts of China's Food Consumption on U.S. Soybean Exports
A model examines how the international and China’s market prices impact China’s soybean imports from the U.S. and South America. Based on soybean crushing ratios and a market clearing presumption, an equation of China’s soybean oil import prices is designed to achieve the goal.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marchant, Mary A. & Song, Baohui, 2005. "Assessment of Biotechnology Policies and International Trade in Key Markets for U.S. Agriculture," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(02), August.
- Dai, Yingchun & Tuan, Francis C. & Lin, William W. & Zhong, Funing & Chen, Xi, 2006. "How does Biotech Labeling Affect Consumers' Purchasing Behavior? A Case Study of Vegetable Oils in Nanjing, China," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21235, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lauri Hetemäki & Kuuluvainen Jari, 1992. "Incorporating Data and Theory in Roundwood Supply and Demand Estimation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(4), pages 1010-1018.
- Wei-Ming Tian & John Chudleigh, 1999. "China's feed grain market: Development and prospects," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 393-409.
- Song, Baohui & Marchant, Mary A. & Xu, Shuang, 2006. "Competitive Analysis of Chinese Soybean Import Suppliers--U.S., Brazil, and Argentina," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21109, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Piggott, Nicholas E. & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 2002. "Price elasticities, joint products, and international trade," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(4), December.
- Andino, Jose & Mulik, Kranti & Koo, Won W., 2005.
"The Impact Of Brazil And Argentina'S Currency Devaluation On U.S. Soybean Trade,"
Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report
23486, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Andino, Jose & Mulik, Kranti & Koo, Won W., 2006. "The Impact of Brazil and Argentina's Currency Devaluation on U.S. Soybean Trade," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21450, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lin, William W. & Somwaru, Agapi & Tuan, Francis C. & Huang, Jikun & Bai, Junfei, 2005. "Consumers' Willingness to Pay for Biotech Foods in China," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19569, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- James P. Houck, 1964. "Price Elasticities and Joint Products," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 46(3), pages 652-656. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeana:46820. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.