Risk and Return for Bioenergy Crops under Alternative Contracting Arrangements
This study evaluated the potential to supply biomass feedstocks under alternative contract arrangements for a northwest Tennessee 2,400 acre grain farm. The four potential types of contracts analyzed in this study offer different levels of biomass price, yield, and production cost risk sharing between the representative farm and the processor.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francis M. Epplin & Christopher D. Clark & Roland K. Roberts & Seonghuyk Hwang, 2007. "Challenges to the Development of a Dedicated Energy Crop," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1296-1302.
- Paulson, Nicholas D. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2007. "The Effects of Uncertainty and Contract Structure in Specialty Grain Markets," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9856, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dillon, Carl R., 1999. "Production Practice Alternatives For Income And Suitable Field Day Risk Management," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(02), August.
- Dillon, Carl R., 1999. "Production Practice Alternatives for Income and Suitable Field Day Risk Management," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 247-261, August.
- Kiniry, James R. & Williams, J. R. & Gassman, Philip W. & Debacke, P., 1992. "General, Process-Oriented Model for Two Competing Plant Species (A)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 483, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bruce A. McCarl & David A. Bessler, 1989.
"Estimating An Upper Bound On The Pratt Risk A Version Coefficient When The Utility Function Is Unknown,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 33(1), pages 56-63, 04.
- McCarl, Bruce A. & Bessler, David A., 1989. "Estimating An Upper Bound On The Pratt Risk A Version Coefficient When The Utility Function Is Unknown," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 33(01), April.
- Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & Hellwinckel, Chad M. & Torre Ugarte, Daniel de la & Walsh, Marie E., 2005. "A Farm-Level Evaluation of Conditions Under Which Farmers Will Supply Biomass Feedstocks for Energy Production," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19161, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaed:6842. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.