Production Practice Alternatives For Income And Suitable Field Day Risk Management
Production risk includes yield and days suitable for fieldwork variability. Both were modeled using biophysical simulation and a mean-variance, chance-constrained mathematical programming formulation representing a Kentucky corn, soybean, and wheat producer. While crop diversification, planting date, and maturity group can be used to reduce the types of risk considered, interaction between the two influences how production practices are used to manage risk. For the conditions studied, plant population alterations were less effective for risk reduction of either component. The study provides evidence of the importance of the consideration of both elements of production risk in whole farm planning.
Volume (Year): 31 (1999)
Issue (Month): 02 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey Apland & Robert N. Barnes & Fred Justus, 1984. "The Farm Lease: An Analysis of Owner-Tenant and Landlord Preferences under Risk," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(3), pages 376-384.
- Apland, Jeffrey & Kaiser, Harry M., 1984. "Discrete Stochastic Sequential Programming: A Primer," Staff Papers 13545, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2007. "Agricultural Extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Bruce A. McCarl & David A. Bessler, 1989.
"Estimating An Upper Bound On The Pratt Risk A Version Coefficient When The Utility Function Is Unknown,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 33(1), pages 56-63, 04.
- McCarl, Bruce A. & Bessler, David A., 1989. "Estimating An Upper Bound On The Pratt Risk A Version Coefficient When The Utility Function Is Unknown," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 33(01), April.
- Robert W. Dubman & Lewell F. Gunter & Bill R. Miller, 1989. "Revenue and Cost Uncertainty, Generalized Mean-Variance and the Linear Complementarity Problem: Comment," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(3), pages 806-809.
- Grisley, W., 1994. "Farmer-to-farmer transfer of new crop varieties: an empirical analysis on small farms in Uganda," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 43-49, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:15382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.