The Beneficial Impact of Sorting Heavy Cattle at Re-Implant
This research examined a simple sorting strategy to reduce the prevalence of heavyweight carcass discounts. Cattle that were identified and sorted off at re-implant had a reduced prevalence of heavyweight carcasses versus unsorted cattle. Re-implant sorting was profitable at pen average in-weights of 800 pounds or less.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David A. Hennessy, 2005.
"Slaughterhouse Rules: Animal Uniformity and Regulating for Food Safety in Meat Packing,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(3), pages 600-609.
- Hennessy, David A., 2003. "Slaughterhouse Rules: Animal Uniformity and Regulating for Food Safety in Meat Packing," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10839, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Johnson, Heather C. & Ward, Clement E., 2006. "Impact of Beef Quality on Market Signals Transmitted by Grid Pricing," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(01), April.
- Ward, Clement E., 2005. "Price Discovery and Pricing Choice Under Divergent Supply Scenarios in an Experimental Market for Fed Cattle," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(03), December.
- Fausti, Scott W. & Qasmi, Bashir A. & Li, Jing, 2009.
"Carcass Quality Volume and Grid Pricing: An Investigation of Cause and Effect,"
2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia
46215, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Scott W. Fausti & Bashir A. Qasmi & Jing Li, 2009. "Carcass Quality Volume and Grid Pricing: An Investigation of Cause and Effect," Staff Papers 090001, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics.
- Koontz, Stephen R. & Hoag, Dana L. & Brethour, John R. & Walker, Jodine L., 2008. "Production Inefficiency in Fed Cattle Marketing and the Value of Sorting Pens into Alternative Marketing Groups Using Ultrasound Technology," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(03), December.
- Johnson, Heather C. & Ward, Clement E., 2005. "Market Signals Transmitted by Grid Pricing," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(03), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea11:98732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.