The Efficacy of the Grid Marketing Channel for Fed Cattle
Beef industry data suggest that carcass yield and quality grades have shown little improvement over the last six years. Trend analysis of grid market share and carcass quality suggests that grid pricing has not made sufficient progress in achieving the goals envisioned for it as a value based marketing system.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Feuz, Dillon M., 1999. "Market Signals In Value-Based Pricing Premiums And Discounts," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(02), December.
- Schroeder, Ted C. & Ward, Clement E. & Mintert, James R. & Peel, Derrell S., 1997. "Value-Based Pricing of Fed Cattle: Challenges and Research Agenda," 1997 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 1997, Reno\Sparks, Nevada 35837, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Feuz, Dillon M., 1999. "Market Signals In Value Based Pricing Premiums And Discounts," 1999 Annual Meeting, July 11-14, 1999, Fargo, ND 35739, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Dillon M. Feuz & Scott W. Fausti & John J. Wagner, 1993. "Analysis of the efficiency of four marketing methods for slaughter cattle," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 453-463.
- Fausti, Scott W. & Qasmi, Bashir A., 2002. "Does The Producer Have An Incentive To Sell Fed Cattle On A Grid?," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 5(01).
- McDonald, R. Allen & Schroeder, Ted C., 2003. "Fed Cattle Profit Determinants Under Grid Pricing," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(01), April.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Sam Ouliaris, 1987.
"Asymptotic Properties of Residual Based Tests for Cointegration,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
847R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1988.
- Phillips, Peter C B & Ouliaris, S, 1990. "Asymptotic Properties of Residual Based Tests for Cointegration," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 165-93, January.
- Fausti, Scott W. & Feuz, Dillon M. & Wagner, John J., 1998. "Value Based Marketing For Fed Cattle: A Discussion Of The Issues," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 1(01).
- Johnson, Heather C. & Ward, Clement E., 2006. "Impact of Beef Quality on Market Signals Transmitted by Grid Pricing," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(01), April.
- Johnson, Heather C. & Ward, Clement E., 2005. "Market Signals Transmitted by Grid Pricing," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(03), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaed:6884. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.