Market Competition And Metropolitan-Area Grocery Prices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bliss, Christopher, 1988. "A Theory of Retail Pricing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 375-391, June.
- Ronald W. Cotterill, 1991.
"Food Retailing: Mergers, Leveraged Buyouts, and Performance,"
Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports
014, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Cotterill, Ronald W., 1991. "Food Retailing: Mergers, Leveraged Buyouts, and Performance," Research Reports 25217, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Holmes, Thomas J, 1989. "The Effects of Third-Degree Price Discrimination in Oligopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 244-250, March.
- Lamm, R McFall, 1981. "Prices and Concentration in the Food Retailing Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 67-78, September.
- Kim, Byung-Do & Blattberg, Robert C & Rossi, Peter E, 1995. "Modeling the Distribution of Price Sensitivity and Implications for Optimal Retail Pricing," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(3), pages 291-303, July.
- Cotterill, Ronald W, 1986. "Market Power in the Retail Food Industry: Evidence from Vermont," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 379-386, August.
- Bruce L. Benson & Merle D. Faminow, 1985. "An Alternative View of Pricing in Retail Food Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(2), pages 296-306.
- William J. Baumol & Richard E. Quandt & Harold T. Shapiro, 1964. "Oligopoly Theory and Retail Food Pricing," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37, pages 346-346.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Digal, Larry N. & Ahmadi-Esfahani, Fredoun Z., 2002. "Market power analysis in the retail food industry: a survey of methods," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(4), December.
- Leschewski, Andrea Marie & Weatherspoon, Dave D., 2014. "Fast Food Restaurant Pricing Strategies in Michigan Food Deserts," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(A).
- Bonanno, Alessandro & Lopez, Rigoberto A., 2004.
"Private Labels, Retail Configuration, and Fluid Milk Prices,"
25222, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Alessandro Bonanno & Rigoberto A. Lopez, 2004. "Private Labels, Retail Configuration, and Fluid Milk Prices," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 082, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Kinsey, Jean D., 1998. "Concentration Of Ownership In Food Retailing: A Review Of The Evidence About Consumer Impact," Working Papers 14329, University of Minnesota, The Food Industry Center.
- Richard J. Volpe & Nathalie Lavoie, 2008.
"The Effect of Wal-Mart Supercenters on Grocery Prices in New England,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 30(1), pages 4-26.
- Richard J. Volpe III & Nathalie Lavoie, 2006. "The Effect of Wal-Mart Supercenters on Grocery Prices in New England," Working Papers 2006-8, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Resource Economics.
- Frigon, Mathieu & Doyon, Maurice & Romain, Robert F.J., 1999. "Asymmetry in Farm-Retail Price Transmission in the Northeastern Fluid Milk Market," Research Reports 25220, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Chih-ching Yu & John M. Connor, 2002. "The price-concentration relationship in grocery retailing: Retesting Newmark," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 413-426.
- Martens, Bobby J. & Dooley, Frank J. & Kim, Sounghun, 2006. "The Effect Of Entry By Wal-Mart Supercenters On Retail Grocery Concentration," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21101, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Volpe, Richard J., III & Lavoie, Nathalie, 2005. "The Effect of Wal-Mart Supercenters on Grocery Prices in New England," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19188, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chung, Chanjin & Henneberry, Shida Rastegari & Tostao, Emilio, 2004. "Will The Voluntary Checkoff Program Be The Answer? An Analysis Of Optimal Advertising And Free-Rider Problem In The U.S. Beef Industry," 2004 Annual Meeting, February 14-18, 2004, Tulsa, Oklahoma 34694, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsretail grocery trade; pricing policy; variable price merchandising; market competition; category management; market structure; sales concentration; price discrimination; price rivalry; oligopoly; food demand; food prices; Consumer/Household Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:rpspwp:25988. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/drumaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.