Urban wastewater and agricultural reuse challenges in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mekala, G. D. & Davidson, B. & Samad, Madar & Boland, A. M., 2008. "Wastewater reuse and recycling systems: a perspective into India and Australia," IWMI Working Papers H041343, International Water Management Institute.
- World Bank, 2004. "Water Resources Sector Strategy : Strategic Directions for World Bank Engagement," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15013, December.
- Raschid-Sally, Liqa & Jayakody, Priyantha, 2008. "Drivers and characteristics of wastewater agriculture in developing countries: results from a global assessment," IWMI Research Reports H041686, International Water Management Institute.
- Amerasinghe, Priyanie & Weckenbrock, P. & Simmons, R. & Acharya, Sreedhar & Drescher, A. & Blummel, M., 2009. "An atlas of water quality, health and agronomic risks and benefits associated with "wastewater" irrigated agriculture: a study from the banks of the Musi River, India. [Report prepared for t," IWMI Research Reports H042566, International Water Management Institute.
- Srinivasan, Jeena T. & Reddy, V. Ratna, 2009. "Impact of irrigation water quality on human health: A case study in India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 2800-2807, September.
- Mekala, G. D. & Davidson, B. & Samad, Madar & Boland, A. M., 2008. "A framework for efficient wastewater treatment and recycling systems," IWMI Working Papers H041344, International Water Management Institute.
- Hanjra, Munir A. & Qureshi, M. Ejaz, 2010. "Global water crisis and future food security in an era of climate change," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 365-377, October.
- Mekala, Gayathri Devi & Davidson, Brian & Samad, Madar & Boland, Anne-Maree, 2008. "A framework for efficient wastewater treatment and recycling systems," IWMI Research Reports 46387, International Water Management Institute.
- Qadir, M. & Wichelns, D. & Raschid-Sally, L. & McCornick, P.G. & Drechsel, P. & Bahri, A. & Minhas, P.S., 2010. "The challenges of wastewater irrigation in developing countries," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 561-568, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karpouzoglou, Timothy & Marshall, Fiona & Mehta, Lyla, 2018. "Towards a peri-urban political ecology of water quality decline," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 485-493.
- Pradeep Kuttuva & Sharachchandra Lele & Gara Villalba Mendez, 2018. "Decentralized Wastewater Systems in Bengaluru, India: Success or Failure?," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(02), pages 1-22, April.
- Marshall, Fiona & Dolley, Jonathan, 2019. "Transformative innovation in peri-urban Asia," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 983-992.
- Chandrakant D. Thatte, 2018. "Water resources development in India," International Journal of Water Resources Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 16-27, January.
- Never, Babette, 2016. "Wastewater systems and energy saving in urban India: governing the Water-Energy-Food Nexus series," Discussion Papers 12/2016, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
- Dennis Wichelns, 2015. "Achieving Water and Food Security in 2050: Outlook, Policies, and Investments," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(2), pages 1-33, April.
- Karthick Radhakrishnan & Sukanya Das, 2019. "Application of Stochastic Frontier Production Function in Sugarcane Industry-treated Wastewater Reuse in Agriculture: Case Study of a Coastal District in Tamil Nadu, India," Arthaniti: Journal of Economic Theory and Practice, , vol. 18(2), pages 185-200, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Amerasinghe, Priyani H. & Bhardwaj, Rajendra Mohan & Scott, C. & Jella, Kiran & Marshall, Fiona, 2013. "Urban wastewater and agricultural reuse challenges in India," IWMI Research Reports 158342, International Water Management Institute.
- Raja, Shameem & Cheema, Hafiza Masooma Naseer & Babar, Shaista & Khan, Asif Ali & Murtaza, Ghulam & Aslam, Usman, 2015. "Socio-economic background of wastewater irrigation and bioaccumulation of heavy metals in crops and vegetables," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 26-34.
- Minhas, P.S. & Khajanchi-Lal, & Yadav, R.K. & Dubey, S.K. & Chaturvedi, R.K., 2015. "Long term impact of waste water irrigation and nutrient rates: I. Performance, sustainability and produce quality of peri urban cropping systems," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 100-109.
- Sato, Toshio & Qadir, Manzoor & Yamamoto, Sadahiro & Endo, Tsuneyoshi & Zahoor, Ahmad, 2013. "Global, regional, and country level need for data on wastewater generation, treatment, and use," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 1-13.
- Encarnación Gil-Meseguer & Miguel Borja Bernabé-Crespo & José María Gómez-Espín, 2019. "Recycled Sewage - A Water Resource for Dry Regions of Southeastern Spain," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 33(2), pages 725-737, January.
- Murad, Khandakar Faisal Ibn & Hossain, Akbar & Fakir, Oli Ahmed & Biswas, Sujit Kumar & Sarker, Khokan Kumer & Rannu, Rahena Parvin & Timsina, Jagadish, 2018. "Conjunctive use of saline and fresh water increases the productivity of maize in saline coastal region of Bangladesh," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 262-270.
- Barkin, David & Klooster, Daniel, 2006. "Water management strategies in urban Mexico: Limitations of the privatization debate," MPRA Paper 15423, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pelai, Ricardo & Hagerman, Shannon M. & Kozak, Robert, 2020. "Biotechnologies in agriculture and forestry: Governance insights from a comparative systematic review of barriers and recommendations," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C).
- Banach, J.L. & Hoffmans, Y. & Appelman, W.A.J. & van Bokhorst-van de Veen, H. & van Asselt, E.D., 2021. "Application of water disinfection technologies for agricultural waters," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 244(C).
- Tilman Brück & Patricia Justino & Charles Patrick MartinShields, 2017. "Conflict and development: Recent research advances and future agendas," WIDER Working Paper Series 178, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Johnston, Robyn M. & Hoanh, Chu Thai & Lacombe, Guillaume & Noble, Andrew D. & Smakhtin, Vladimir & Suhardiman, Diana & Kam, Suan Pheng & Choo, P. S, 2009. "Scoping study on natural resources and climate change in Southeast Asia with a focus on agriculture. Final report," IWMI Research Reports H042414, International Water Management Institute.
- Sanjay RODE, 2013. "Integrated Sewage Treatment And Coastal Management In Mumbai Metropolitan Region," Management Research and Practice, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 5(2), pages 31-51, June.
- Andrew Emmanuel Okem & Alfred Oduor Odindo, 2020. "Indigenous Knowledge and Acceptability of Treated Effluent in Agriculture," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-12, November.
- Lankford, B. & Makin, Ian & Matthews, N. & McCornick, Peter G. & Noble, A. & Shah, Tushaar, "undated". "A compact to revitalise large-scale irrigation systems using a leadership-partnership-ownership 'Theory of Change'," Papers published in Journals (Open Access) H047459, International Water Management Institute.
- Daanish Mustafa & Philip Reeder, 2009. "‘People Is All That Is Left to Privatize’: Water Supply Privatization, Globalization and Social Justice in Belize City, Belize," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(3), pages 789-808, September.
- Trang, Tran Thi Thu & Rañola, Robeta F. & Garcia, Yolanda T., 2020. "Household Awareness on the Consequences of Untreated Wastewater in Traditional Agro-Food Processing Villages in Nhue-Day River Basin, Vietnam," Journal of Economics, Management & Agricultural Development, Journal of Economics, Management & Agricultural Development (JEMAD), vol. 6(1), June.
- Louie Rivers III & Udita Sanga & Amadou Sidibe & Alexa Wood & Rajiv Paudel & Sandra T. Marquart-Pyatt & Arika Ligmann-Zielinska & Laura Schmitt Olabisi & Eric Jing Du & Saweda Liverpool-Tasie, 2018. "Mental models of food security in rural Mali," Environment Systems and Decisions, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 33-51, March.
- Liu, Jing & Hertel, Thomas & Lammers, Richard & Prusevich, Alexander & Baldos, Uris & Grogan, Danielle & Frolking, Steve, 2016. "Achieving Sustainable Irrigation Water Withdrawals: Global Impacts on Food Production and Land Use," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235503, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kang, Shaozhong & Hao, Xinmei & Du, Taisheng & Tong, Ling & Su, Xiaoling & Lu, Hongna & Li, Xiaolin & Huo, Zailin & Li, Sien & Ding, Risheng, 2017. "Improving agricultural water productivity to ensure food security in China under changing environment: From research to practice," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 5-17.
- Ozgul Calicioglu & Alessandro Flammini & Stefania Bracco & Lorenzo Bellù & Ralph Sims, 2019. "The Future Challenges of Food and Agriculture: An Integrated Analysis of Trends and Solutions," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-21, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Crop Production/Industries; Environmental Economics and Policy; Farm Management; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Health Economics and Policy; Land Economics/Use; Marketing; Production Economics; Productivity Analysis;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-05-11 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iwmirp:147104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iwmiclk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iwmiclk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.