Social Capital and Farmers' Willingness to Adopt Countryside Stewardship Schemes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Burton & Dan Rigby & Trevor Young, 1999. "Analysis of the Determinants of Adoption of Organic Horticultural Techniques in the UK," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 47-63, January.
- Gow, Hamish R & Swinnen, Johan F M, 1998.
"Up- and Downstream Restructuring, Foreign Direct Investment, and Hold-Up Problems in Agricultural Transition,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(3), pages 331-350.
- Gow, Hamish R. & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 1998. "Up- And Downstream Restructuring, Foreign Direct Investment, And Hold- Up Problems In Agricultural Transition," PRG Working Papers 31867, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Christine A. Ervin & David E. Ervin, 1982. "Factors Affecting the Use of Soil Conservation Practices: Hypotheses, Evidence, and Policy Implications," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(3), pages 277-292.
- Joyce Willock & Ian J. Deary & Gareth Edwards‐Jones & Gavin J. Gibson & Murray J. McGregor & Alistair Sutherland & J. Barry Dent & Oliver Morgan & Robert Grieve, 1999. "The Role of Attitudes and Objectives in Farmer Decision Making: Business and Environmentally‐Oriented Behaviour in Scotland," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 286-303, May.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Bart Minten, 1999. "Relationships and traders in Madagascar," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 1-35.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jongeneel, Roelof A. & Polman, Nico B.P. & Slangen, Louis H.G., 2005. "Why Are Farmers Going Multifunctional?," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24585, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Toma, Luiza & Mathijs, Erik, 2005. "Determinants of Romanian Farmers' Participation in Agri-Environmental Programmes," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24574, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Andrew Barnes & Luiza Toma, 2012. "A typology of dairy farmer perceptions towards climate change," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 112(2), pages 507-522, May.
- Yokoyama, Shigeki & Sakurai, Seiichi, 2009. "Social Capital and the Local Food Movement in Japan: The Case of the Chiba Prefecture," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 6(1), pages 1-20, June.
- Barreiro-Hurlé, Jesús & Espinosa-Goded, Maria & Dupraz, Pierre, 2008. "Does Intensity Of Change Matter? Factors Affecting Adoption In Two Agri-Environmental Schemes," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6458, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hounsome, Barry & Edwards, Rhiannon T. & Edwards-Jones, Gareth, 2006. "A note on the effect of farmer mental health on adoption: The case of agri-environment schemes," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 229-241, December.
- Barnes, A.P. & Willock, J. & Hall, C. & Toma, L., 2009. "Farmer perspectives and practices regarding water pollution control programmes in Scotland," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(12), pages 1715-1722, December.
- Barnes, Andrew Peter & Willock, J. & Hall, Clare & Luiza, Toma, 2008. "Farmer Responses to Nitrate Vulnerable Zone Designation in Scotland," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK 36767, Agricultural Economics Society.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mzoughi, Naoufel, 2011.
"Farmers adoption of integrated crop protection and organic farming: Do moral and social concerns matter?,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1536-1545, June.
- Naoufel Mzoughi, 2011. "Farmers adoption of integrated crop protection and organic farming: Do moral and social concerns matter?," Post-Print hal-02646751, HAL.
- Bayard, Budry & Jolly, Curtis, 2007. "Environmental behavior structure and socio-economic conditions of hillside farmers: A multiple-group structural equation modeling approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3-4), pages 433-440, May.
- Bekele, Wagayehu & Drake, Lars, 2003. "Soil and water conservation decision behavior of subsistence farmers in the Eastern Highlands of Ethiopia: a case study of the Hunde-Lafto area," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 437-451, October.
- Bekele, Wagayehu, 2003. "Economics of soil and water conservation," Department of Economics publications 362, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Amsalu, Aklilu & de Graaff, Jan, 2007. "Determinants of adoption and continued use of stone terraces for soil and water conservation in an Ethiopian highland watershed," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 294-302, March.
- Diendéré, Achille & Nguyen, Geneviève & Del Corso, Jean-Pierre & Kephaliacos, Charilaos, 2018. "Modeling the Relationship Between Pesticide Use and Farmers' Beliefs about Water Pollution in Burkina Faso," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 114-121.
- Nkegbe, Paul K. & Shankar, Bhavani & Ceddia, M. Graziano, 2011. "Smallholder Adoption of Soil and Water Conservation Practices in Northern Ghana," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114608, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Castillo, Gracia Maria Lanza & Engler, Alejandra & Wollni, Meike, 2021. "Planned behavior and social capital: Understanding farmers’ behavior toward pressurized irrigation technologies," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 243(C).
- Lingling Wang & Tsunemi Watanabe, 2017. "Influence of Trust on Biomass Supply Decision-Making in China," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-19, October.
- Tate, Graham & Mbzibain, Aurelian, 2011. "The future contribution of bioenergy enterprises to rural business viability in the United Kingdom," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management, vol. 1(2), pages 1-15.
- Janvier D. Nkurunziza, 2005. "Reputation and Credit without Collateral in Africa`s Formal Banking," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2005-02, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Fafchamps Marcel, 2002. "Spontaneous Market Emergence," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-37, June.
- Barlow, G. R. & Nieuwoudt, W. L. & Levin, J. B., 1995. "Factors Influencing The Adoption Of Soil Conservation Practices On Commercial Farms In Kwazulu - Natal," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 34(3), September.
- Bart Minten & Anneleen Vandeplas & Johan Swinnen, 2011.
"Regulations, Brokers, and Interlinkages: The Institutional Organization of Wholesale Markets in India,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(7), pages 864-886, May.
- Bart Minten & Anneleen Vandeplas & Johan F.M.Swinnen, 2011. "Regulations, brokers, and interlinkages: The institutional organization of wholesale markets in India," LICOS Discussion Papers 28811, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Murphy, Geraldine & O’Donoghue, Cathal & Hynes, Stephen & Murphy, Eithne, 2014.
"Modelling the Participation Decision in Agri-Environmental Schemes,"
2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia
183069, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Murphy, Geraldine & O'Donoghue, Cathal & Hynes, Stephen & Murphy, Eithne, 2015. "Modelling the Participation Decision in Agri-Environmental Schemes," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212517, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Yu, Xiaohua & Abler, David G. & Peng, Chao, 2008.
"Dancing with the Dragon Heads: Enforcement, Innovations and Efficiency of Contracts between Agricultural Processors and Farmers in China,"
2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida
6144, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Xiaohua Yu & David Abler & Chao Peng, 2011. "Dancing with the Dragon Heads: Enforcement, Innovations and Efficiency of Contracts between Agricultural Processors and Farmers in China," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 63, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Ferrer, Stuart R.D. & Nieuwoudt, W. Lieb, 1997. "Factors affecting soil conservation decisions of KwaZulu-Natal commercial sugarcane farmers," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 36(4), pages 1-9, December.
- Kaufmann, Brigitte A., 2011. "Second-order cybernetics as a tool to understand why pastoralists do what they do," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 655-665.
- Houssa, Romain & Verpoorten, Marijke, 2015.
"The Unintended Consequence of an Export Ban: Evidence from Benin’s Shrimp Sector,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 138-150.
- Houssa, Romain & Verpoorten, Marijke, 2013. "The unintended consequence of an export ban: Evidence from Benin's shrimp sector," IOB Working Papers 2013.11, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Burton, Michael P. & Rigby, Dan & Young, Trevor, 2003.
"Modelling the adoption of organic horticultural technology in the UK using Duration Analysis,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Michael Burton & Dan Rigby & Trevor Young, 2003. "Modelling the adoption of organic horticultural technology in the UK using Duration Analysis," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(1), pages 29-54, March.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ifma02:6981. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifmaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.