Measuring productivity change using alternative input–output concepts: A farm level application using FADN data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- V. Ball & Jean-Christophe Bureau & Jean-Pierre Butault & Richard Nehring, 2001. "Levels of Farm Sector Productivity: An International Comparison," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 5-29, January.
- Antonio Alvarez & Julio del Corral, 2010. "Identifying different technologies using a latent class model: extensive versus intensive dairy farms," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 37(2), pages 231-250, June.
- Mark Doms & Eric J. Bartelsman, 2000.
"Understanding Productivity: Lessons from Longitudinal Microdata,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 569-594, September.
- Eric J. Bartelsman & Mark Doms, 2000. "Understanding productivity: lessons from longitudinal microdata," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-19, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- V. Eldon Ball & Frank M. Gollop & Alison Kelly-Hawke & Gregory P. Swinand, 1999. "Patterns of State Productivity Growth in the U.S. Farm Sector: Linking State and Aggregate Models," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 164-179.
- Bert M. Balk, 2010. "An Assumption-Free Framework For Measuring Productivity Change," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(s1), pages 224-256, June.
- Jean-Christophe Bureau & Rolf Färe & Shawna Grosskopf, 1995. "A Comparison Of Three Nonparametric Measures Of Productivity Growth In European And United States Agriculture," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 309-326.
- Bernhard Brümmer & Thomas Glauben & Geert Thijssen, 2002. "Decomposition of Productivity Growth Using Distance Functions: The Case of Dairy Farms in Three European Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 628-644.
- José E. Bervejillo & Julian M. Alston & Kabir P. Tumber, 2012.
"The benefits from public agricultural research in Uruguay,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(4), pages 475-497, October.
- Bervejillo, Jose E. & Alston, Julian M. & Tumber, Kabir P., 2012. "The benefits from public agricultural research in Uruguay," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(4), December.
- Catherine Benjamin & Euan Phimister, 2002. "Does Capital Market Structure Affect Farm Investment? A Comparison using French and British Farm-Level Panel Data," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 1115-1129.
- V. Eldon Ball & Jean‐Pierre Butault & Carlos San Juan & Ricardo Mora, 2010. "Productivity and international competitiveness of agriculture in the European Union and the United States," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(6), pages 611-627, November.
- V. Eldon Ball & Jean-Christophe Bureau & Richard Nehring & Agapi Somwaru, 1997. "Agricultural Productivity Revisited," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1045-1063.
- Coelli, Tim J. & Perelman, Sergio & Van Lierde, Dirk, 2006. "CAP Reforms and Total Factor Productivity Growth in Belgian Agriculture: A Malmquist Index Approach," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25472, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsIndex; input–output; MFP; productivity analysis; profits; Production Economics; Productivity Analysis; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods; C43; D24; Q12;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-08-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2013-08-16 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-SPO-2013-08-16 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iatr13:152364. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iatrcea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.