Farm Mechanization And The Farm Labor Market: A Socioeconomic Model Of Induced Innovation
A cost function approach of induced innovation is used to measure the biases in U.S. agricultural technology between 1969-1999. The rate of technological change is explained by socioeconomic variables. The post-IRCA results show that an increasingly illegal workforce significantly induces contract labor using technology, and significantly induces capital saving technology.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- V. Eldon Ball & Frank M. Gollop & Alison Kelly-Hawke & Gregory P. Swinand, 1999. "Patterns of State Productivity Growth in the U.S. Farm Sector: Linking State and Aggregate Models," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 164-179.
- Gardner, Bruce L, 1987. "Causes of U.S. Farm Commodity Programs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 290-310, April.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, Vernon W., 1969.
"Factor Prices And Technical Change In Agricultural Development: The United States And Japan, 1880-1960,"
14172, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, V W, 1970. "Factor Prices and Technical Change in Agricultural Development: The United States and Japan, 1880-1960," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(5), pages 1115-41, Sept.-Oct.
- Binswanger, Hans P., 1973.
"The Measurement Of Technical Change Biases With Many Factors Of Production,"
14205, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Binswanger, Hans P, 1974. "The Measurement of Technical Change Biases with Many Factors of Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 964-76, December.
- V. Eldon Ball & Jean-Christophe Bureau & Richard Nehring & Agapi Somwaru, 1997. "Agricultural Productivity Revisited," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1045-1063.
- de Janvry, Alain, 1973. "A Socioeconomic Model of Induced Innovations for Argentine Agricultural Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 87(3), pages 410-435, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeatm:35117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.