Reform and Adjustment in the European Union: The 2003 Reform of the Common Agricultural Policy and Enlargement
This paper aims at presenting the main findings of an impact analysis of the reform of the Common Agricultural Policy on the agricultural markets and income of the current and the enlarged European Union over the 2004-2010 period, with specific investigation of the impact of the single farm payment. This policy changes towards significantly less-trade distorting instruments should reduce the risk of structural surpluses. The market projections indicate that adjustment of production would take part in key areas of agricultural production in Europe (cereal, beef and dairy production) while keeping agricultural income little affected.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://agadjust.aers.psu.edu/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Euan Phimister, 1995. "Farm Household Production In The Presence Of Restrictions On Debt: Theory And Policy Implications," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 371-380.
- Benjamin, Dwayne, 1992. "Household Composition, Labor Markets, and Labor Demand: Testing for Separation in Agricultural Household Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 287-322, March.
- Hennessy, David A., 1998.
"The Production Effects of Agricultural Income Support Policies Under Uncertainty,"
Staff General Research Papers
1207, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David A. Hennessy, 1998. "The Production Effects of Agricultural Income Support Policies under Uncertainty," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 46-57.
- C. Edwin Young & Paul C. Westcott, 2000. "How Decoupled Is U.S. Agricultural Support for Major Crops?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(3), pages 762-767.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iapr04:15769. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.