Examining the Relationship between Farm Size and Technical Efficiency in Rwandan Maize Production
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Abdul Nafeo Abdulai & Awudu Abdulai, 2016. "Allocative and scale efficiency among maize farmers in Zambia: a zero efficiency stochastic frontier approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(55), pages 5364-5378, November.
- Abdul-Rahaman, Awal & Abdulai, Awudu, 2018. "Do farmer groups impact on farm yield and efficiency of smallholder farmers? Evidence from rice farmers in northern Ghana," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 95-105.
- Fidele Byiringiro & Thomas Reardon, 1996.
"Farm productivity in Rwanda: effects of farm size, erosion, and soil conservation investments,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(2), pages 127-136, November.
- Byiringiro, Fidele & Reardon, Thomas, 1996. "Farm productivity in Rwanda: effects of farm size, erosion, and soil conservation investments," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 127-136, November.
- Sein Mar & Hisako Nomura & Yoshifumi Takahashi & Kazuo Ogata & Mitsuyasu Yabe, 2018. "Impact of Erratic Rainfall from Climate Change on Pulse Production Efficiency in Lower Myanmar," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(2), pages 1-16, February.
- Min Zhong & Yuchun Zhu & Qihui Chen & Tianjun Liu & Qihua Cai, 2019. "Does household engagement in concurrent business affect the farm size-technical efficiency relationship in grain production?: Evidence from Northern China," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(1), pages 125-142, February.
- Xiangfei Xin & Yi Zhang & Jimin Wang & John Alexander Nuetah, 2016. "Effects of Farm Size on Technical Efficiency in China's Broiler Sector: A Stochastic Meta-Frontier Approach," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 64(3), pages 493-516, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ngango, Jules & Hong, Seungjee, 2021. "Impacts of land tenure security on yield and technical efficiency of maize farmers in Rwanda," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- Zhu, Xiaoke & Hu, Ruifa & Zhang, Chao & Shi, Guanming, 2021. "Does Internet use improve technical efficiency? Evidence from apple production in China," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 166(C).
- Kuhle Prudence Mnisi & Abdul Latif Alhassan, 2021. "Financial structure and cooperative efficiency: A pecking‐order evidence from sugarcane farmers in Eswatini," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(2), pages 261-281, June.
- Daniel Solís & Boris E. Bravo‐Ureta & Ricardo E. Quiroga, 2009. "Technical Efficiency among Peasant Farmers Participating in Natural Resource Management Programmes in Central America," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 202-219, February.
- Bizoza, Alfred R. & Opio-Omoding, James, 2021. "Assessing the impacts of land tenure regularization: Evidence from Rwanda and Ethiopia," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C).
- Medhin, Haileselassie A. & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2008.
"Soil Conservation and Small-Scale Food Production in Highland Ethiopia: A Stochastic Metafrontier Approach,"
dp-08-22-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Medhin, Haileselassie A. & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2009. "Soil Conservation and Small-Scale Food Production in Highland Ethiopia A Stochastic Metafrontier Approach," Working Papers in Economics 405, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Fariya Abubakari & Farida Abubakari Author-Workplace- Department of Agricultural Economics, Department of Crop and Soil Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana, 2017. "Comparing Determinants of Poverty and Hunger among Small Holder Farms of adopters and Non-Adopters of Conservation Technologies in Ghana," Agricultural Research & Technology: Open Access Journal, Juniper Publishers Inc., vol. 3(3), pages 81-86, January.
- Markose Chekol Zewdie & Michele Moretti & Daregot Berihun Tenessa & Zemen Ayalew Ayele & Jan Nyssen & Enyew Adgo Tsegaye & Amare Sewnet Minale & Steven Van Passel, 2021. "Agricultural Technical Efficiency of Smallholder Farmers in Ethiopia: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Land, MDPI, vol. 10(3), pages 1-17, March.
- Nathan D. DeLay & Nathanael M. Thompson & James R. Mintert, 2022.
"Precision agriculture technology adoption and technical efficiency,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 73(1), pages 195-219, February.
- DeLay, Nathan D. & Thompson, Nathanael M. & Mintert, James R., 2020. "Precision Agriculture Technology Adoption and Technical Efficiency," 2020 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, Kansas City, Missouri 304280, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Joshua Sikhu Okonya & Netsayi Noris Mudege & Anne M. Rietveld & Anastase Nduwayezu & Déo Kantungeko & Bernadette Marie Hakizimana & John Njuki Nyaga & Guy Blomme & James Peter Legg & Jürgen Kroschel, 2019. "The Role of Women in Production and Management of RTB Crops in Rwanda and Burundi: Do Men Decide, and Women Work?," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(16), pages 1-15, August.
- Mohammed, Sadick & Abdulai, Awudu, 2021. "Extension Participation and Improved Technology Adoption: Impact on Efficiency and Welfare of Farmers in Ghana," 2021 Conference, August 17-31, 2021, Virtual 315362, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lim, Krisha & Wichmann, Bruno & Luckert, Martin, 2021. "Adaptation, spatial effects, and targeting: Evidence from Africa and Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 139(C).
- Kawasaki, Kentaro, 2010. "The costs and benefits of land fragmentation of rice farms in Japan," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(4), pages 1-18.
- Nguyen To-The & Tuan Nguyen-Anh, 2021. "Market-oriented extension and farming efficiency in small-scale maize farmers: evidence from Northern Vietnam," Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(2), pages 194-218, March.
- Asante, Bright O. & Temoso, Omphile & Addai, Kwabena N. & Villano, Renato A., 2019. "Evaluating productivity gaps in maize production across different agroecological zones in Ghana," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 176(C).
- Marijn Verschelde & Marijke D’Haese & Glenn Rayp & Ellen Vandamme, 2013.
"Challenging Small-Scale Farming: A Non-Parametric Analysis of the (Inverse) Relationship Between Farm Productivity and Farm Size in Burundi,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 319-342, June.
- Verschelde, Marijn & D'Haese, Marijke F.C. & Vandamme, Ellen & Rayp, Glenn, 2011. "Challenging Small-scale Farming, A Non-parametric Analysis of the (Inverse) Relationship Between Farm Productivity and Farm Size in Burundi," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115550, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- M. Verschelde & M. D’Haese & G. Rayp & E. Vandamme, 2011. "Challenging small-scale farming, a non-parametric analysis of the (inverse) relationship between farm productivity and farm size in Burundi," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/745, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Solis, Daniel & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Quiroga, Ricardo E., 2006. "Technical Efficiency and Adoption of Soil Conservation in El Salvador and Honduras," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25784, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Klasen, Stephan & Reimers, Malte, 2017.
"Looking at Pro-Poor Growth from an Agricultural Perspective,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 147-168.
- Klasen, Stephan & Reimers, Malte, 2013. "Looking at Pro-Poor Growth from an Agricultural Perspective," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149745, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Stephan Klasen & Malte Reimers, 2016. "Looking at Pro-Poor Growth from an Agricultural Perspective," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 201, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Nyangena, Wilfred & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2008.
"Estimating Returns to Soil and Water Conservation Investments: An Application to Crop Yield in Kenya,"
dp-08-32-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Nyangena, Wilfred & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2009. "Estimating Returns to Soil and Water Conservation Investments - An Application to Crop Yield in Kenya," Working Papers in Economics 402, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Owusu, Eric S. & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E., 2022. "Reap when you sow? The productivity impacts of early sowing in Malawi," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 199(C).
More about this item
KeywordsResearch and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies; Crop Production/Industries;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae21:314937. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.