Is tenure Security Pro-poor? Decomposing Welfare Effects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain, 2005.
"Measuring the poverty reduction potential of land in rural Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 27-51, June.
- Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain, 2002. "Measuring the Poverty Reduction Potential of Land in Rural Mexico," CUDARE Working Papers 25056, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain, 2002. "Measuring the Poverty Reduction Potential of Land in Rural Mexico," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6xg1q0dg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Alain de Janvry & Kyle Emerick & Marco Gonzalez-Navarro & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2015.
"Delinking Land Rights from Land Use: Certification and Migration in Mexico,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 105(10), pages 3125-3149, October.
- Marco Gonzalez-Navarro & Kyle Emerick & Elisabeth Sadoulet & Alain de Janvry, 2014. "Delinking Land Rights from Land Use: Certification and Migration in Mexico," 2014 Meeting Papers 138, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Swinton, Scott M., 2003.
"Investment in soil conservation in northern Ethiopia: the role of land tenure security and public programs,"
Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 69-84, July.
- Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Swinton, Scott M., 2002. "Investment In Soil Conservation In Northern Ethiopia: The Role Of Land Tenure Security And Public Programs," Staff Paper Series 11749, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Beekman, Gonne & Bulte, Erwin H., 2012. "Social norms, tenure security and soil conservation: Evidence from Burundi," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 50-63.
- Fenske, James, 2011. "Land tenure and investment incentives: Evidence from West Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 137-156, July.
- Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Deininger, Klaus & Goldstein, Markus, 2014.
"Environmental and gender impacts of land tenure regularization in Africa: Pilot evidence from Rwanda,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 262-275.
- Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Deininger, Klaus & Goldstein, Markus, 2011. "Environmental and gender impacts of land tenure regularization in Africa : pilot evidence from Rwanda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5765, The World Bank.
- Deininger, Klaus & Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Holden, Stein & Zevenbergen, Jaap, 2008.
"Rural Land Certification in Ethiopia: Process, Initial Impact, and Implications for Other African Countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1786-1812, October.
- Deininger, Klaus & Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Holden, Stein & Zevenbergen, Jaap, 2007. "Rural land certification in Ethiopia : process, initial impact, and implications for other African countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4218, The World Bank.
- Bereket Kebede, 2002. "Land Tenure and Common Pool Resources in Rural Ethiopia: A Study Based on Fifteen Sites," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 14(1), pages 113-149.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing, 2006.
"Tenure security and land-related investment: Evidence from Ethiopia,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 1245-1277, July.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Adenew, Berhanu & Gebre-Selassie, Samuel & Nega, Berhanu, 2003. "Tenure security and land-related investment - evidence from Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2991, The World Bank.
- Klaus Deininger & Daniel Ayalew Ali & Tekie Alemu, 2011. "Impacts of Land Certification on Tenure Security, Investment, and Land Market Participation: Evidence from Ethiopia," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 87(2), pages 312-334.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2000.
"Land Reform, Poverty Reduction, and Growth: Evidence from India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 389-430.
- Besley, Timothy & Burgess, Robin, 1998. "Land reform, poverty reduction and growth : evidence from India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2018, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 1998. "Land Reform, Poverty Reduction and Growth: Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 13, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Mintewab Bezabih & Andrea Mannberg & Eyerusalem Siba, 2014. "The land certification program and off-farm employment in Ethiopia," GRI Working Papers 168, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Eric Van Tassel, 2004. "Credit access and transferable land rights," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(1), pages 151-166, January.
- Kabubo-Mariara, Jane, 2007. "Land conservation and tenure security in Kenya: Boserup's hypothesis revisited," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 25-35, October.
- Besley, Timothy, 1995. "Property Rights and Investment Incentives: Theory and Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 903-937, October.
- Li, Guo & Rozelle, Scott & Brandt, Loren, 1998. "Tenure, land rights, and farmer investment incentives in China," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 63-71, September.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae18:277532. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.