Rural land certification in Ethiopia : process, initial impact, and implications for other African countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Deininger, Klaus & Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Holden, Stein & Zevenbergen, Jaap, 2008. "Rural Land Certification in Ethiopia: Process, Initial Impact, and Implications for Other African Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1786-1812, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Klaus Deininger, 2003. "Land Policies for Growth and Poverty Reduction," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15125.
- Hanan G. Jacoby & Bart Minten, 2007. "Is Land Titling in Sub-Saharan Africa Cost-Effective? Evidence from Madagascar," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 21(3), pages 461-485, June.
- Klaus Deininger & Daniel Ayalew Ali & Takashi Yamano, 2008.
"Legal Knowledge and Economic Development: The Case of Land Rights in Uganda,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 84(4), pages 593-619.
- Deininger, Klaus W. & Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Yamano, Takashi, 2006. "Legal knowledge and economic development: The case of land rights in Uganda," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21197, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Deininger, Klaus W. & Ayalew, Daniel & Yamano, Takashi, 2006. "Legal Knowledge and Economic Development: The Case of Land Rights in Uganda," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25431, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Deininger, Klaus & Ayalew, Daniel & Yamano, Takashi, 2006. "Legal knowledge and economic development : the case of land rights in Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3868, The World Bank.
- Bereket Kebede, 2002. "Land Tenure and Common Pool Resources in Rural Ethiopia: A Study Based on Fifteen Sites," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 14(1), pages 113-149.
- World Bank, 2005. "Ethiopia : Well-Being and Poverty in Ethiopia, The Role of Agriculture and Agency," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8707, The World Bank.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing, 2006.
"Tenure security and land-related investment: Evidence from Ethiopia,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 1245-1277, July.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Adenew, Berhanu & Gebre-Selassie, Samuel & Nega, Berhanu, 2003. "Tenure security and land-related investment - evidence from Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2991, The World Bank.
- Deininger, Klaus & Castagnini, Raffaella, 2006. "Incidence and impact of land conflict in Uganda," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 321-345, July.
- World Bank, 2006. "World Development Indicators 2006," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 8151.
- Andre, Catherine & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 1998. "Land relations under unbearable stress: Rwanda caught in the Malthusian trap," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-47, January.
- World Bank, 2007. "India : Land Policies for Growth and Poverty Reduction," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15791.
- Mwangi, Esther, 2007. "Subdividing the Commons: Distributional Conflict in the Transition from Collective to Individual Property Rights in Kenya's Maasailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 815-834, May.
- Firmin-Sellers, Kathryn & Sellers, Patrick, 1999. "Expected Failures and Unexpected Successes of Land Titling in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1115-1128, July.
- Diana Hunt, 2004. "Unintended Consequences of Land Rights Reform: The Case of the 1998 Uganda Land Act," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 22(2), pages 173-191, March.
- Fred-Mensah, Ben K., 1999. "Capturing Ambiguities: Communal Conflict Management Alternative in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 951-965, June.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural Knowledge&Information Systems; Rural Development Knowledge&Information Systems; Common Property Resource Development; Land Use and Policies; Municipal Housing and Land;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-04-28 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2007-04-28 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-04-28 (Development)
- NEP-KNM-2007-04-28 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .