Investment in soil conservation in northern Ethiopia: the role of land tenure security and public programs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Swinton, Scott M., 2002. "Investment In Soil Conservation In Northern Ethiopia: The Role Of Land Tenure Security And Public Programs," Staff Paper Series 11749, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein T., 1998.
"Resource degradation and adoption of land conservation technologies in the Ethiopian Highlands: A case study in Andit Tid, North Shewa,"
Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 233-247, May.
- Bekelc Shiferaw & Stein T. Holden, 1998. "Resource degradation and adoption of land conservation technologies in the Ethiopian Highlands: A case study in Andit Tid, North Shewa," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 18(3), pages 233-247, May.
- Sarah Gavian & Marcel Fafchamps, 1996. "Land Tenure and Allocative Efficiency in Niger," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 460-471.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Suyanto, S. & Tomich, Thomas P., 1997. "Does land tenure insecurity discourage tree planting?: evolution of customary land tenure and agroforestry management in Sumatra," EPTD discussion papers 31, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pender, John L. & Kerr, John M., 1998. "Determinants of farmers' indigenous soil and water conservation investments in semi-arid India," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 113-125, September.
- Feder, Gershon & Lau, Lawrence J & Lin, Justin Y & Luo, Xiaopeng, 1992.
"The Determinants of Farm Investment and Residential Construction in Post-Reform China,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 1-26, October.
- Feder, Gershon & Lau, Lawrence J. & Lin, Justin & Luo Xiaopeng, 1990. "The determinants of farm investment and residential construction in post-reform China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 471, The World Bank.
- Christine A. Ervin & David E. Ervin, 1982. "Factors Affecting the Use of Soil Conservation Practices: Hypotheses, Evidence, and Policy Implications," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(3), pages 277-292.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
- Sureshwaran, Suresh & Londhe, S.R. & Frazier, P., 1996. "Factors Influencing Soil Conservation Decisions in Developing Countries: A Case Study of Upland Farmers in the Philippines," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 14(1), pages 1-12.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein, 1999. "Soil Erosion and Smallholders' Conservation Decisions in the Highlands of Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 739-752, April.
- Eicher, Carl K., 1994. "Zimbabwe's Green Revolution: Preconditions for Replication in Africa," Staff Paper Series 201176, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Clay, Daniel & Reardon, Thomas & Kangasniemi, Jaakko, 1998.
"Sustainable Intensification in the Highland Tropics: Rwandan Farmers' Investments in Land Conservation and Soil Fertility,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 351-377, January.
- Clay, Daniel & Reardon, Thomas A. & Kangasniemi, Jaakko, 1995. "Sustainable Intensification in the Highland Tropics: Rwandan Farmers' Investments in Land Conservation and Soil Fertility," Staff Paper Series 201198, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Joseph Hayes & Michael Roth & Lydia Zepeda, 1997. "Tenure Security, Investment and Productivity in Gambian Agriculture: A Generalized Probit Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 369-382.
- Besley, Timothy, 1995. "Property Rights and Investment Incentives: Theory and Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 903-937, October.
- C.-T Jordan Lin & J. Walter Milon, 1993. "Attribute and Safety Perceptions in a Double-Hurdle Model of Shellfish Consumption," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(3), pages 724-729.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:29:y:2003:i:1:p:69-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.