The Determinants of Farm Investment and Residential Construction in Post-Reform China
The objective of this paper is to clarify, on the basis of detailed farm level data derived from recent surveys,the importance of factors related to tenure security, farm size and credit availability in constraining farmers'agricultural investment. In particular, a direct measure of farmers'perceptions regarding tenure security will be utilized, as well as information on transactions in the credit market. The next section provides a description of the study areas. It is followed by a discussion of factors affecting farm investment and a description of investment patterns in the study areas. A formal model of farmers'consumption and investment decisions, and an econometric analysis are then presented and results are interpreted. The last section summarizes the paper.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1988. "The Household Responsibility System in China's Agricultural Reform: A Theoretical and Empirical Study," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(3), pages S199-224, Supplemen.
- Justin Yifu Lin, 1989. "Rural Reforms and Agriculture Productivity Growth in China," UCLA Economics Working Papers 576, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Feder, Gershon & Lau, Lawrence J. & Lin, Justin Y. & Xiaopeng, Luo, 1989. "Agricultural credit and farm performance in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 508-526, December.
- McMillan, John & Whalley, John & Zhu, Lijing, 1989. "The Impact of China's Economic Reforms on Agricultural Productivity Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 781-807, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:v:41:y:1992:i:1:p:1-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.