Urbanization and Food Security: Empirical Evidence from Households in Urban Southwest Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Van de Poel, Ellen & O'Donnell, Owen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2009.
"Urbanization and the spread of diseases of affluence in China,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 200-216, July.
- Van de Poel, E & O'Donnell, O & van Doorslaer, E, 2008. "Urbanization and the spread of diseases of affluence in China," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 08/25, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Cockx, Lara & De Weerdt, Joachim, 2016.
"From Corn to Popcorn? Urbanization and food consumption in Sub-Sahara Africa: Evidence from rural-urban migrants in Tanzania,"
2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
249270, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Lara Cockx & Liesbeth Colen & Joachim De Weerdt, 2017. "From Corn to Popcorn? Urbanization and Food Consumption in sub-Sahara Africa: Evidence From Rural-Urban Migrants in Tanzania," LICOS Discussion Papers 39017, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Lara Cockx & Liesbeth Colen & Joachim De Weerdt, 2017. " From corn to popcorn? Urbanization and food consumption in sub-saharan Africa: evidence from rural-urban migrants in Tanzania," Working Papers LICOS Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance 575175, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, LICOS Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- repec:spr:agfoec:v:5:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40100-017-0076-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Deon Filmer & Lant Pritchett, 2001. "Estimating Wealth Effects Without Expenditure Data—Or Tears: An Application To Educational Enrollments In States Of India," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(1), pages 115-132, February.
- Akerele, Dare & Odeiyi, Kehinde, 2015. "Demand for Diverse Diets: Evidence from Nigeria," 89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 204210, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Pangaribowo, Evita Hanie & Gerber, Nicolas & Torero, Maximo, 2013. "Food and Nutrition Security Indicators: A Review," Working Papers 147911, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Emiliano Magrini & Mauro Vigani, 2016.
"Technology adoption and the multiple dimensions of food security: the case of maize in Tanzania,"
Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food,
Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(4), pages 707-726, August.
- Emiliano Magrini & Mauro Vigani, 2014. "Technology adoption and the multiple dimensions of food security: the case of maize in Tanzania," LICOS Discussion Papers 35214, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Magrini, Emiliano & Vigani, Mauro, 2015. "Technology adoption and the multiple dimensions of food security: the case of maize in Tanzania," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212216, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Magrini, Emiliano & Vigani, Mauro, 2014. "Technology adoption and the multiple dimensions of food security: the case of maize in Tanzania," 2014 Third Congress, June 25-27, 2014, Alghero, Italy 172989, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Vigani, Mauro & Magrini, Emiliano, 2014. "Technology adoption and the multiple dimensions of food security: the case of maize in Tanzania," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182646, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dahly, Darren L. & Adair, Linda S., 2007. "Quantifying the urban environment: A scale measure of urbanicity outperforms the urban-rural dichotomy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(7), pages 1407-1419, April.
More about this item
KeywordsFood Security and Poverty;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- R22 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Other Demand
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- C38 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Classification Methdos; Cluster Analysis; Principal Components; Factor Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-12-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2018-12-03 (Development)
- NEP-URE-2018-12-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae18:277053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.