Quantifying the urban environment: A scale measure of urbanicity outperforms the urban-rural dichotomy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruel, Marie T. & Haddad, Lawrence & Garrett, James L., 1999. "Some Urban Facts of Life: Implications for Research and Policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 1917-1938, November.
- McDade, Thomas W. & Adair, Linda S., 2001. "Defining the "urban" in urbanization and health: a factor analysis approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 55-70, July.
- Ruel, Marie T. & Haddad, Lawrence James & Garrett, James L., 1999. "Some urban facts of life," FCND discussion papers 64, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yach, Derek & Mathews, Catherine & Buch, Eric, 1990. "Urbanisation and health: Methodological difficulties in undertaking epidemiological research in developing countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 507-514, January.
- Mutatkar, R. K., 1995. "Public health problems of urbanization," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 977-981, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Van de Poel, Ellen & O'Donnell, Owen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2009.
"Urbanization and the spread of diseases of affluence in China,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 200-216, July.
- Van de Poel, E & O'Donnell, O & van Doorslaer, E, 2008. "Urbanization and the spread of diseases of affluence in China," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 08/25, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Davis, Brennan & Grier, Sonya, 2015. "A tale of two urbanicities: Adolescent alcohol and cigarette consumption in high and low-poverty urban neighborhoods," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2109-2116.
- repec:gam:jlands:v:8:y:2019:i:3:p:40-:d:209444 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:12:y:2019:i:12:p:2308-:d:240410 is not listed on IDEAS
- Colchero, M. Arantxa & Caballero, Benjamin & Bishai, David, 2008. "The effect of income and occupation on body mass index among women in the Cebu Longitudinal Health and Nutrition Surveys (1983-2002)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1967-1978, May.
- Okoruwa, V. & Ikudayisi, A., 2018. "Urbanization and Food Security: Empirical Evidence from Households in Urban Southwest Nigeria," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277053, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Harini Nagendra & Hita Unnikrishnan & Sreerupa Sen, 2013. "Villages in the City: Spatial and Temporal Heterogeneity in Rurality and Urbanity in Bangalore, India," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(1), pages 1-18, December.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:8:p:1405-:d:107684 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elisa Prieto-Lara & Ricardo Ocaña-Riola, 2010. "Updating Rurality Index for Small Areas in Spain," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 95(2), pages 267-280, January.
- E. Van de Poel & O. O'Donnell & E. Van Doorslaer, 2009. "The Health Penalty of China's Rapid Urbanization," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-016/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Zachary Zimmer & Luoman Bao & Nanette L. Mayol & Feinian Chen & Tita Lorna L. Perez & Paulita L. Duazo, 2017. "Functional limitation trajectories and their determinants among women in the Philippines," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 36(30), pages 863-892.
- Townley, Greg & Brusilovskiy, Eugene & Salzer, Mark S., 2017. "Urban and non-urban differences in community living and participation among individuals with serious mental illnesses," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 223-230.
- repec:eee:ehbiol:v:31:y:2018:i:c:p:238-248 is not listed on IDEAS
- Firestone, Rebecca & Punpuing, Sureeporn & Peterson, Karen E. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Gortmaker, Steven L., 2011. "Child overweight and undernutrition in Thailand: Is there an urban effect?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(9), pages 1420-1428, May.
- Jones-Smith, Jessica C. & Popkin, Barry M., 2010. "Understanding community context and adult health changes in China: Development of an urbanicity scale," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(8), pages 1436-1446, October.
More about this item
KeywordsPhilippines Urbanicity Health Scale development Methodology;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:64:y:2007:i:7:p:1407-1419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.